Author Topic: Advice on travelling crate  (Read 1245 times)

Offline Maggiesfriend

Advice on travelling crate
« on: November 21, 2018, 12:27:50 PM »
Hi there everybody.   It has been ages since I wrote on here but I do look to see what others are up to.  I still have my Maggie, 15 next month and other than having sore elbows, loves her walks and food. Also Many Tears Poppy who has after 3 years, with the exception of just a few quirks, recovered from her horrible experience as a breeding bitch.
Unfortunately my husband has developed Parkinson's and I have had to swap my small car for a larger one to accommodate a wheelchair.   So doggies who used to be in the back with their harnesses on are now due to be crated.  Does anyone have experience of crating two cockers together? would a large be comfortable for them.  I don't use crates in the house so Have no idea.   Most of our trips are short, ie the Vet or doggie hairdressers.  I need to be very careful with Poppy as any unpleasant sensation would set her back three years.   Any advice appreciated.
There is nothing so joyful as a happy dog

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Advice on travelling crate
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2018, 05:52:20 PM »
As someone who never used a crate and was not a fan, I was a bit unsure when the lady who had Daisy in foster said to get one. Daisy loves hers, it is her own space. I would suggest setting it up in the living room, fully furnished of course  :005: and let them potter in and out to get used to it. Then when it is in the car it is just their wee house in a different place. Introducing gradually is the key. Poppy may well surprise you. Sorry to hear your husband has Parkinson's.