Author Topic: RIP Morgan  (Read 412 times)

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
RIP Morgan
« on: March 03, 2024, 05:22:41 PM »
 I'm so sad today to have to report that we have lost our darling big boy.
He was diagnosed with kidney disease just after Christmas and as he was an old boy we knew that the times we shared were coming to an end.
Last night at bedtime his left front leg wouldn't bear his weight and we hoped it was just cramp but this morning he was no better, just lay on the kitchen mat, wouldn't eat breakfast, just wanted to sleep and he was so listless.
He couldn't stand and had to be lifted into the car, the emergency vet was super but agreed with us that Morgan had had enough and we had to face that final decision.
We know we did our best for our boy, loving him too much to allow him to suffer and be in discomfort but it has hit us so hard   
It hasn't helped that today we're celebrating hubby's birthday and the whole family is here when really we just want to be alone and remember him.
Goodbye my love, things will never be the same without you.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: RIP Morgan
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2024, 05:49:15 PM »
So sorry to read about Morgan, no matter how prepared you think you are, nothing ever makes the parting easier. Hold on to the good memories and he‘s never far away.
Thinking of you.
Run free over the Rainbow Bridge dear Morgen, you‘ll always be loved  :luv:

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2024, 06:31:17 PM »
Very sorry to read about dear Morgan, he gave and received so much love in his life.

Look after yourselves, here are a few  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: hope they help
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2024, 06:34:27 PM »
So sorry to hear of Morgan's passing. We know the pain of a emergency vet visit and the outcome of coming home alone.  So sad. Fly high and free Morgan
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2024, 08:44:27 PM »
I'm so sad for you, it's such a painful time, and nothing prepares you for it. Morgan was truly loved and had a wonderful life.  Run free Morgan.

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2024, 08:20:38 AM »
So sorry you have lost your beloved boy. He will take memories of his happy life with you across the divide until you meet again.
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2024, 10:33:42 AM »
Elaine I am so saddened to see you have lost Morgan.

My thoughts are with you both xx

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline ElaineH

• Donator
  • Handsome Morgan 19/06/2008 - 03/03/2024
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2024, 12:10:22 PM »
Thank you all for your kind words, they help a lot.
Our other dog Hugo is coping well without his uncle, in fact he seems quite relaxed as he was often overwhelmed by Morgan's more exuberant personality. Our regular vet called Morgan "a true force of nature"  :005:  We're not sure yet how Hugo will feel when we have to go out as he's had cat and dog company all his life until now so never completely alone (we lost our 2 cats last year)
All will be well in the end I'm sure but I miss my big, bossy boy so much right now.
"Histories are more full of examples of the fidelity of dogs than of friends"  Alexander Pope

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2024, 05:19:47 PM »
Just a thought you could try the Pet Remedy calming plug-in for when you go out and at other times you may feel it will help,  :luv:

https://petremedy.co.uk/product/pet-calming-plug-in-diffuser/

If you do decide it might help, have a look at prices on other sites - you may get a better deal

There are other similar ones like Adaptil which could be just as good.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: March 07, 2024, 08:56:12 AM »
I’m so sorry for your loss, I lost Olive in May due to kidney disease. It’s so incredibly hard. My thoughts are with you. xxx
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline PennyB

« Reply #10 on: March 13, 2024, 12:41:59 PM »
Am so sorry to hear this - it never gets easy and hope Hugo manages without Morgan. Take care xx
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!