Author Topic: Thank you for your lovely messages about Woofie  (Read 3703 times)

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
Thank you for your lovely messages about Woofie
« on: April 30, 2013, 09:35:51 PM »
Just wanted to thank everyone who has sent me such lovely kind messages about Woofie, they mean a lot.

We are still in shock and can't believe he has gone.

He had a bit of a funny turn on the way to bed on Sunday night, OH thought he may have had a small fit but he came round very quickly and seemed to be ok.  He was fine the next morning but we thought we would take him to the vets to make sure everything was ok.

The Vet found a heart murmur we didn't know about but she was more concerned about his gums as they were very pale.  She thought it may have been lack of oxygen to the brain or heart problems.  She suggested taking some bloods while we waited and we agreed.

Whilst we were sat in the waiting room she came out to say that she would like the senior Vet to seem Woofie to feel his tummy as she had stuck a needle in him and withdrawn some free blood.

We waited for 20 minutes for Jason to become free and then she called us in to discuss his blood results and options.

His blood count was very very low and they suggested he may have a tumour that had ruptured and he was bleeding internally.  She said they would do x-rays and look to see if they could see any problems with the lungs or tumours, then if that was clear (if it wasn't she said they would have to consider putting him to sleep) they would do an exploratory operation and try and fix the problem but also warned if it was bad then they would suggest putting him to sleep and not waking him up.

We had five minutes to say goodbye to our beloved Woofie dog and give him cuddles and kisses and told him that we loved him and went home to wait.

We had a call half an hour later to say the x-rays were inconclusive and they were going to operate.  Another half an hour later Jason rang to say that Woofie had got multiple tumours, on his spleen, liver and intestestine and had stopped at that point.  He suggested that the kindest thing to do was to let Woofie go peacefully as it was inoperable and couldn't be treated by chemotherapy as the cancer was so diffuse.  We had to make the hardest decision for Woofie and told Jason to let him go.

Paul, Maddie and I went down to see Woofie half an hour later and say our final good byes.  Jason was incredibly supportive and told us how he had grown to love Woofie over the years but to take comfort in the fact that we had made the kindest decision for him.

I can't explain how heartbroken I am and how I am struggling to come to terms with Woofie not being here anymore, I wasn't expecting to come home from the Vets without him.

We received a lovely card from the Vets today with some lovely personal words that Jason had wrote, along with some forget me not seeds for us to plant.

We had to go back to the vets today with the insurance forms and decide what urn we wanted to use.  I got as far as the front door and had to turn round and let Paul go in as I couldn't face it.

I can't thank people enough for the lovely lovely words about Woofie, on here and on Facebook, family and friends have been so supportive.

Thank you xxx

PS Sorry not sure if I have posted in the right place

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
Re: Thank you for your lovely messages about Woofie
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2013, 09:45:04 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss. Such a terrible shock for you.

Big hugs to you all xx
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline panda66

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2013, 09:48:32 PM »
Sorry you have lost Woofie  :bigarmhug:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: April 30, 2013, 09:49:56 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: April 30, 2013, 09:52:41 PM »
So very sad to read your news about Woofie.  What an awful experience.  :'(

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2013, 09:57:41 PM »
so very, very sad for your loss.

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2013, 09:58:45 PM »
So so sorry to read this news. Sending lots of live to you. Run free beautiful Woolfie. xx  :bigarmhug:

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2013, 10:00:55 PM »
So very sad to read about Woofie. 

Sending you bug cyber hugs.

Run free at the bridge little Woofie. Xxxx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2013, 10:03:46 PM »
Oh I am so sorry to read this Lisa - what a terrible shock  :'( :'(

It sounds like Woofie was enjoying life right up to the last though so you can take some comfort from the fact that he did not suffer.  :-\  It is really the hardest thing in the world to make that decision, but he trusted you to do the best for him and you spared him from the pain and suffering that he might have gone through otherwise.  :-*

Take care of yourselves :bigarmhug:

Run free Woofie  :luv: :luv:
Julie and Watson

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2013, 10:05:17 PM »
Run free at the bridge beautiful Woofie and meet up with all ours who have gone before you.
Take care of yourself and make sure you take time for yourself. So very sorry for your loss.
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline cjealing

• millie & me.
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2013, 10:08:36 PM »
So very very sorry for your sudden loss..

Offline Dozy bird

• My beautiful babies
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2013, 10:09:18 PM »
I'm so sorry for your loss, big hugs to you all xxxx

Offline Ebbysmum

• Donator
  • Lexi 5, Ebony 4, Maddie 1 and Gracie 2
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2013, 10:09:51 PM »
So sorry to read this. Woofie was an absolutely beautiful dog, who was obviously loved very much. I hope that you take some comfort in knowing that you did the very best for him. Huge hugs for you all, you are all in my thoughts. Run free at the bridge Woofie  :luv: :luv: :luv:
www.saltdogstudios.co.uk  www.facebook.com/saltdogstudios
Handmade Dog Collars, Leads and Accessories

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 10:11:01 PM »

It sounds like Woofie was enjoying life right up to the last though so you can take some comfort from the fact that he did not suffer.  :-\  It is really the hardest thing in the world to make that decision, but he trusted you to do the best for him and you spared him from the pain and suffering that he might have gone through otherwise.  :-*

What Joules said  :bigarmhug:

So very very sorry to read this.  :'(

Run free Woofie  :luv:
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2013, 10:17:56 PM »
I'm so sorry Lisa, almost exactly the same thing happened to my colleague's 11 year old Collie a couple of months ago and it was such an awful shock :'(  You gave your boy a wonderful life though and did the best by him right up to the end, thinking of you :bigarmhug:
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/