Author Topic: Strangest thing seen while walking your cocker?  (Read 5902 times)

Offline little_jack

Strangest thing seen while walking your cocker?
« on: February 21, 2009, 02:11:54 PM »
Hi All

I thought the other day when I was out in the field with Jack, that seeing a man practising the discus had to be the most random thing I've ever seen. But today really topped it. I walks into the field and what do I see...two men practising fishing! I should point out that there is no water anywhere near the field never mind fish  :005: . In fact I dont know of anywhere remotely near where I live for fishing. I think I need to find a new place to go with Jack  :D . Anyways it just got me thinking, what is the strangest thing any of you have seen while walking your cocker?

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
Re: Strangest thing seen while walking your cocker?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 03:04:26 PM »
Well the snowman we encountered in the forest was a bit weird (nothing strange about snowmen of course, but it was strange to see in the middle of a forest!) Another forest walk we go, we came across a clearing where dozens of turnips had been dumped - I couldn't get my head around that at all!!!!
Your guys practising fishing in a field is truly bizarre  :005:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 03:26:28 PM »
A flasher!

Years and years ago my friend and I were walking our dogs on Culverley Green in the New Forest when a nude man appeared out of the bushes about 200 yards from us. I had my first 2 Cockers at the time and my friend had a Cocker and a Lab/Collie cross, Oscar. He was a very friendly dog, but started barking on this occasion and the 3 Cockers joined in. The man disappeared back into the trees.

It was in the days before everyone carried mobile phones, so we just continued with our walk and phoned the police afterwards. We knew there was a local flasher and it was probably him. I don't know if he was ever caught.

More sinister (in my opinion) is the man who was seen last year in various locations in the New Forest, wearing nothing but a balaclava. He appeared in remote areas of the Forest in front of female dog walkers and I know the police were particularly worried about his motives.

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2009, 03:46:33 PM »
Another dog  ph34r It was strange though, it was years ago with my last cocker. We were in the woods and this weird looking dog appeared from nowhere, no owner and something about it just felt really odd  :huh: It was as if there was no other dog there as far as my boy was concerned and it was walking right behind him  :huh: I was panicking in case it would hurt him but it was as if it wasnt even there to him  :huh: It went off ahead and when I got back into our back garden it was sitting there waiting  :o Louis still didnt acknowledge it  :huh: You know when something doesnt feel right and you get cold shivers and goosebumps, then thats what I felt when this dog appeared. I always say it was a ghost doggy.  :005:

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: February 21, 2009, 04:47:20 PM »
Where i sometimes walk i often see a family walking their 3 dogs.... and their two goats :lol2: :005: we saw them today and Jarvis had a good woof at one of them ::) the owner was lovely though, and said the goats are good at teaching norty dogs some manners ph34r :005: and that they also have horses but they don't walk them all together. :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline stuffster

• Luna
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2009, 05:13:11 PM »
Another dog  ph34r It was strange though, it was years ago with my last cocker. We were in the woods and this weird looking dog appeared from nowhere, no owner and something about it just felt really odd  :huh: It was as if there was no other dog there as far as my boy was concerned and it was walking right behind him  :huh: I was panicking in case it would hurt him but it was as if it wasnt even there to him  :huh: It went off ahead and when I got back into our back garden it was sitting there waiting  :o Louis still didnt acknowledge it  :huh: You know when something doesnt feel right and you get cold shivers and goosebumps, then thats what I felt when this dog appeared. I always say it was a ghost doggy.  :005:

Oh my doG that is so weird. It gave me goosebumps reading that!

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline SJP

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2009, 05:20:34 PM »
Two kune kune pigs!! 

Being walked by a couple on the local heath who have them as pets (they live in their house).  She even managed to get one of them to sit for a treat  :o
Sally & Lola xxx

Offline KatieJean

« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2009, 05:46:13 PM »
Many years ago my mil was walking an elderly relatives dog. Mind you mil was probably 70. She thought it was funny a man was walking towards her in a raincoat on a sunny day. As he got near he opened his raincoat :shades:. My mil retorted she had seen 'better pickled gherkins in a jar' and walked on. She then walked on and warned some people with a young girl.
She was the best mil ever with a brilliant sense of humour

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2009, 06:25:42 PM »
Llamas - being walked as part of a llama trek  :lol2:

(we did see a boy on a unicycle today..... :o)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline MillicentWight

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2009, 06:30:07 PM »
Whilst walking Millie along the seafront a while ago I saw this person get out of a van with two dogs, border collies I seem to remember, but I took more notice of the owner as it was an older person (like me) and I really wasn’t sure if it was a man or a woman. A few minutes later we were walking past some public conveniences and this person disappeared into the gents with both dogs. I didn’t think too much of it until about ten minutes later on my return journey when I saw all three of them now coming out of the adjoining ladies! Guess the dogs must have been a boy and girl?

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2009, 06:39:54 PM »
A flasher!

Years and years ago my friend and I were walking our dogs on Culverley Green in the New Forest when a nude man appeared out of the bushes about 200 yards from us. I had my first 2 Cockers at the time and my friend had a Cocker and a Lab/Collie cross, Oscar. He was a very friendly dog, but started barking on this occasion and the 3 Cockers joined in. The man disappeared back into the trees.

It was in the days before everyone carried mobile phones, so we just continued with our walk and phoned the police afterwards. We knew there was a local flasher and it was probably him. I don't know if he was ever caught.

More sinister (in my opinion) is the man who was seen last year in various locations in the New Forest, wearing nothing but a balaclava. He appeared in remote areas of the Forest in front of female dog walkers and I know the police were particularly worried about his motives.

I've seen a flasher too, I was with three of my friends and we just pointed and laughed then ran away cackling like a bunch of loons. Not the response he was expecting!

Miles from the road in the middle of a forest me and mum came across an exercise bike  :huh: :huh:.

Millie

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2009, 06:41:58 PM »
A very rotten dead pilot whale ph34r >:(
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #12 on: February 21, 2009, 06:44:43 PM »
I was walking with Jack in the woods one day and we both heard this strange squak. Both of us stood stock still and just stared in disbelief as a parrot flew past us! That was in the summer and un-believably its still flying round there now.

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #13 on: February 21, 2009, 06:55:01 PM »
here it is

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2009, 07:08:23 PM »
We (or should I say Buddy) regularly find random vegetables dumped in the woods. He can make a cabbage last all week, just a few whole leaves at a time. I did manage to keep him away from the onion wedges though. Why would anyone do that?

Oh, and the 50-ish year old man, rather plump, bald, very unattractive. Wearing no shirt in the summer. Nothing very wrong with that. But I did find the pierced nipples a bit off-putting, and I can't look him in the eye now at all.

On a different tone, I did also spot a man at the top of the monkey bars testing out a noose. I called the police and hung around until they came. But fortunately he wandered off. I have often wondered if I saved him or just sent him elsewhere. It was shocking though.