Author Topic: Strangest thing seen while walking your cocker?  (Read 5900 times)

Offline jann

• Site Member
Re: Strangest thing seen while walking your cocker?
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2009, 07:33:44 PM »
 :shades: I don't see practising casting ( fishing) strange in the slightest  :huh:  or practising discus throwing for that matter  :-\  sorry

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2009, 08:19:30 PM »
Someone walking along the road with two ferrets on a lead,not unheard of but bizarre to see
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline allylou

« Reply #17 on: February 21, 2009, 08:39:34 PM »
A man cycling naked in marlborough woods - he looked as surprised to see us as we were him  :shades:
Ally, Marley & Wilbur x

Offline Beth

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: February 21, 2009, 08:41:17 PM »
Just remembered another one... walking past some houses with Jarvis on lead when a girl came out of her house with what i thought was a puppy on a lead, plonked it on the floor in front of Jarvis and i realised it was a rabbit!! :o Luckily for the bunny Jarvis was scared of it. :embarassed: :005:
Owned by Jarvis (Cocker), and Lucy (Cavalier).

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: February 21, 2009, 08:41:36 PM »
A man cycling naked in marlborough woods - he looked as surprised to see us as we were him  :shades:

Ouch!!  :o  :005:
Julie and Watson

Offline louis mum

• Donator
  • Little Lenny
    • Darvieux Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2009, 09:09:27 PM »

Ouch!!  :o  :005:

:lol2: I am going into the woods tomorrow  :lol2:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2009, 09:58:22 PM »
Whilst walking along the beach with Ellie in Devon last year, in a world of my own, I suddenly realised we were on a nudists part of the beach.  The strange thing was quite a few of them got up and came and talked to me and Ellie, you would have thought they would have ignored me, seeing as how I had clothes on.  The worst part was the man who decided to clap his hands and jump about with Ellie, it was very hard to keep the conversation flowing with his bits bouncing all over the place.

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2009, 10:18:03 PM »
Driving back from Fife, we saw a man in old fashioned clothes on a Penny Farthing! :o

Jack's Mum, that parrot is beautiful! :luv: Has anyone reported him missing?
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Henshallboys

« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2009, 10:54:02 PM »
Another dog  ph34r It was strange though, it was years ago with my last cocker. We were in the woods and this weird looking dog appeared from nowhere, no owner and something about it just felt really odd  :huh: It was as if there was no other dog there as far as my boy was concerned and it was walking right behind him  :huh: I was panicking in case it would hurt him but it was as if it wasnt even there to him  :huh: It went off ahead and when I got back into our back garden it was sitting there waiting  :o Louis still didnt acknowledge it  :huh: You know when something doesnt feel right and you get cold shivers and goosebumps, then thats what I felt when this dog appeared. I always say it was a ghost doggy.  :005:

Oh my doG that is so weird. It gave me goosebumps reading that!

Me too  :o

When we lived in Berlin we lived near the forest, our little cocker Lucy was running around as usual in the wood when we suddenly heard a loud squeal.....she had been chased and tossed in the air by a wild boar with big tusks.  Lucy was unhurt and when my stepdaughter who was about 10 at that time and myself came out from behind the big tree we had hid behind we realised it had been a mummy boar protecting babies.   Lucy smelt awful even after repeated baths.....an oily piggy smell .   I was always a bit concerned walking in the woods after that....I think Lucy was too  :005:

We got used to seeing naked Germans in the woods....in the parks...in boats on the lake...at the ice cream van etc  :005: 
Carole & Alan....Bramble, Beri & Holly

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2009, 01:07:56 AM »
Driving back from Fife, we saw a man in old fashioned clothes on a Penny Farthing! :o

Jack's Mum, that parrot is beautiful! :luv: Has anyone reported him missing?
Its been in the local paper and we know who the owner is but he doesnt care  :'(
A local person who is bird mad has been trying to temp it to her but no real luck so far.
TBH we all though it would of either been picked on by the other wild birds or caught diseases off them and died by now but its holding its own and going strong, we hope as its survived the winter it can survive living there  :D

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2009, 01:47:03 AM »
here it is

It is a Crimson Rosella, check this lot out:
http://photogallery.canberrabirds.org.au/parrots.htm

Makes you wonder, it would have to be a tame one, exported from Australia,
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)

Offline debrand

• Site Member
  • My angels Barney 2004-08 and Jet 2005-09
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2009, 07:28:28 AM »
Whilst walking along the beach with Ellie in Devon last year, in a world of my own, I suddenly realised we were on a nudists part of the beach.  The strange thing was quite a few of them got up and came and talked to me and Ellie, you would have thought they would have ignored me, seeing as how I had clothes on.  The worst part was the man who decided to clap his hands and jump about with Ellie, it was very hard to keep the conversation flowing with his bits bouncing all over the place.
:rofl1: :rofl1: :rofl1:
Thank you! I am a very visual reader and my coffee is now all over the screen of my laptop!

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2009, 08:20:23 AM »

Thank you! I am a very visual reader and my coffee is now all over the screen of my laptop!

I just had a similar reaction  :rofl1: :rofl1:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline Ellie

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2009, 10:09:15 AM »

I just had a similar reaction  :rofl1: :rofl1:

:lol2:  :lol2:  :lol2: I take it Ellie wasn't in the mood for sausage that day  :005: .  Were you at Slapton Sands?

Offline seaangler

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2009, 10:15:55 AM »
Hi All

I thought the other day when I was out in the field with Jack, that seeing a man practising the discus had to be the most random thing I've ever seen. But today really topped it. I walks into the field and what do I see...two men practising fishing! I should point out that there is no water anywhere near the field never mind fish  :005: . In fact I dont know of anywhere remotely near where I live for fishing. I think I need to find a new place to go with Jack  :D . Anyways it just got me thinking, what is the strangest thing any of you have seen while walking your cocker?

I think you will find they was casting a weight....(may be for the casting champions ships) (See how far you can cast a weight)I may be wrong....But a field is just ideal....Its the only thing i can think of being a fisherman my self....But if they was just playing with there rods(That mite be some thing else) :005: Chris

Gemma..Cindy And peggy