Author Topic: Strangest thing seen while walking your cocker?  (Read 5901 times)

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
Re: Strangest thing seen while walking your cocker?
« Reply #60 on: February 26, 2009, 08:49:23 PM »
OH was out with Sam today and saw a deer on his walk.  You may not think that's strange, but we live in Glasgow in a very busy residential area  :o
Unfortunately, it's not so strange now to see deer and foxes in Glasgow, they have been driven out of their natural habitat and have to survive in towns and cities. :'(

There is a fox that hangs around behind my garden and we often see deer just up at Hoggenfield Loch and also at Drumpellier Loch. I also helped with one who had been knocked over in the East End on a main road. :-\
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline clairep4

• Site Member
  • The Two Muppeteers!
    • Chow Bella Pet Bowls
« Reply #61 on: February 27, 2009, 09:12:34 AM »
A bull terrier on a skateboard. We see him regularly in Greenwich park and he's the most mellow bull terrier ever (even Bella quite likes him). His owner just gives the skateboard a shove now and then and he just rides along looking as happy as anything :)

Also once saw a squirrel fall out of a tree, quite a thud and then it scampered off.
Claire, Bella & Zorro - the two muppeteers!
Tellington TTouch Practitioner P1
www.tellingtontouch.org.uk

Offline PennyB

« Reply #62 on: February 27, 2009, 12:04:53 PM »
A 3ft snake once slithered across the path we were walking on last year then a mink just sat in front of us as if he had all the time in the world (different walk)

You do wonder about some owners though as I often see people who walk their dogs and are permanently on the phone - so barely even notice their own dogs let alone other strange things ;) They do say that more dead bodies are found by dog walkers than anything - thank goodness I haven't.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #63 on: February 27, 2009, 12:34:39 PM »
They do say that more dead bodies are found by dog walkers than anything - thank goodness I haven't.

It's certainly true here; it is one of my fears  ph34r  A year ago, there was a body found in the river where I walked every morning; I'm convinced I would have found it if it hadn't been for the dedication of one of the police dog handlers who waded the length of river the evening before  ph34r
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #64 on: February 27, 2009, 12:40:37 PM »
It's one of my fears too. When I had my first 2 Cockers and lived in a different part of the New Forest my early morning walks often used to start with a short drive to one of the most popular car parks in the New Forest. Some mornings I'd be the first person there. Twice during the years when I was using that car park regularly it was used by poor souls committing suicide.

Offline JenSam

• Site Member
« Reply #65 on: February 27, 2009, 02:14:51 PM »
OH was out with Sam today and saw a deer on his walk.  You may not think that's strange, but we live in Glasgow in a very busy residential area  :o
Unfortunately, it's not so strange now to see deer and foxes in Glasgow, they have been driven out of their natural habitat and have to survive in towns and cities. :'(

There is a fox that hangs around behind my garden and we often see deer just up at Hoggenfield Loch and also at Drumpellier Loch. I also helped with one who had been knocked over in the East End on a main road. :-\

We see lots of foxes round here.
Dogs are natural optimists and believe if they stare hard enough and long enough, the icing on the cake could be theirs.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #66 on: February 27, 2009, 02:54:09 PM »

We see lots of foxes round here.

I see them under my bedroom window in the early hours sometimes plus when I lived in Oxford one used to look through our glass door at us in the sitting room - both houses are in the city
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline little_jack

« Reply #67 on: February 27, 2009, 09:09:34 PM »
They do say that more dead bodies are found by dog walkers than anything - thank goodness I haven't.

That really gave me shivers. But when you think about it, its probs true. I mean how many stories do you hear where it says the body was found by someone walking their dog. Scary stuff.

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #68 on: March 01, 2009, 11:37:34 PM »

That really gave me shivers. But when you think about it, its probs true. I mean how many stories do you hear where it says the body was found by someone walking their dog. Scary stuff.
It's the dogs, not the dog walkers who find the bodies, so you may not even know you have found one if your dog doesn't tell you... ph34r

Gari would only find a body if it had food in their pocket, so here's hoping they don't! :o :P
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline TRACY KING

« Reply #69 on: March 03, 2009, 09:55:46 AM »
I've not seen anything that u would call unusual, but i do walk my harris hawk and snowy owl  :005: alot with and without Honey are cocker..Most of the animals i see are rabbits or phesants... :D

Offline Roslyn McConnell

« Reply #70 on: March 03, 2009, 02:16:10 PM »

I used to walk dill round Drumpellier Loch........he drove out an amorous couple from the bushes there one time  :005:  Apparently there is the remains of an iron age settlement in the middle of the Loch that you can see with the water is low......does that count as a strange thing????

Offline Stacey

• Site Member
« Reply #71 on: March 03, 2009, 03:21:45 PM »
I've not seen anything that u would call unusual, but i do walk my harris hawk and snowy owl  :005: alot with and without Honey are cocker..Most of the animals i see are rabbits or phesants... :D

You'd think that would be odd to me but no - another falconner (in training lol) here!

Offline Spangle

• Site Member
« Reply #72 on: March 06, 2009, 11:42:49 AM »
Someone walking along the road with two ferrets on a lead,not unheard of but bizarre to see

Us too.  Billy was quite astonished to see them.

Also, once we found a whole roast chicken on the grass at the side of the path we were on.  Was quite hard to contain the doglets in their quest to get it.  Funny thing is, a few weeks later I was walking the same way with the dogs and my hubby.  I was telling him that this was where the chicken was, when to my amazement there was another roast chicken :lol2:  We call that bit of the walk the 'chicken run' now.
Rachel, Sophie, Billy, Ted, Bonnie & Sammy xxxx