Author Topic: Christmas Tree  (Read 8098 times)

Offline speedyjaney

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #15 on: December 06, 2004, 09:42:24 PM »
This our two's first xmas tree experience as last year we didnt let them into the living room as they were so young and untrustworthy  <_<

Well they have been great...they have been for a little sniff round and a pressie inspecion but thats it....oh well I have a turkey soft toy that was stuffed with chocolate at some time or another and I have this on the table that the tree is on. Whenever we leave the room (to pop to the loo etc) and then come back the turkey has been snaffled and is on the floor somewhere. :o

Not sure who is the culprit for sure but Saffi seems very quiet and stealth like when questioned wheras Jessie is her usual mad self  :D

Janey x

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2004, 09:53:00 PM »
This will be Lotties first christmas.....and I will make sure I close the lounge off when I go out.

We have always had a tree, even when Goldie was a pup and she never bothered with it.....although I did wait until she was a couple of years old before I put any chocolate decorations on it :lol:

It will be interesting to see what Lottie makes of it.....and i'm sure xmas day will be very hectic, she is going to love all the bright wrapping paper.

We will have 3 dogs in the house on xmas day cos my parents are coming and will be bringing their dog too....so it should be fun.

Offline mum of kimmi

• Site Member
  • some days are harder than others!!
Christmas Tree
« Reply #17 on: December 06, 2004, 10:45:50 PM »
Kimmis' first christmas here as well.  Tree went up on Sunday (minus any decorations, as hubby forgot to check the lights - him being an electrician of all things!!)  So far she has sniffed the tree (artificial) and not really bothered with it.  I do make sure that she is in the utility room (where her bed is) whenever I go out.

Not that I dont trust her or anything - I mean what damage could a cute small little cocker do? :blink:  :D  :D  
Kimmi's mum

Offline subeeloo

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #18 on: December 07, 2004, 08:03:19 AM »
.....Sammy's first too. We usually have a spruce tree, but OH thought that the needles would stick into his paws, so looked for an artificial one. They are awful so haven't bothered, much to the disgrace of my 13 yr old daughter...but we are away over N.Year anyway. Then one of my walking buddies said he could also cock his leg up which I hadn't thought of  :unsure: , but when I had put my optic trees/santa and snowmen around our place, he didn't like them, he really growled at my santa, he did his 2 steps forward and 4 back b4 realising he isn't real... :lol:  He is so funny at times bless him  :D .
'Everybody lurrves Sammy!'
03/02/04 - 27/10/14 :'(

Offline tobycat

• Site Member
    • Elmonts Online
Christmas Tree
« Reply #19 on: December 07, 2004, 08:47:28 AM »
Took my life in my hands yesterday and put up the tree  :rolleyes:

So far its been ignored...touch wood  :lol:

Scully is sulking though because we had to move 'her' armchair across the rooom to make room for the tree and she is not happy about that!!!

We have showed her several times where the chair is now (she's blind remember) but she still keeps trotting over to where it normally is and sitting there looking puzzled when she doesn't find it. Mum's feeling a bit guilty now..... :ph34r:  
http://www.justgiving.com/lizelmont
"On judgement day if God should say, "Did you clean your house today?"
I will say, "I did not, I played with my dogs and I forgot." Anon.

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #20 on: December 07, 2004, 08:33:20 PM »
Scully is sulking though because we had to move 'her' armchair across the rooom to make room for the tree and she is not happy about that!!!

We had to move Bailey's bed nearer the tree and he loves it :rolleyes:  
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
    • http://www.DIDO.mypetpages.net
Christmas Tree
« Reply #21 on: December 07, 2004, 08:43:13 PM »
:D This is also Baileys first xmas tree experience and i dare not leave him with our tree alone as he steals the tinsel from it every opportunity he gets. Everytime i get the tree looking perfect he trashes it!!!!!!  he also pulls the garland down from the stairs!!! Cockers eh!! but we wouldnt be without them would we??? :rolleyes:  
DIANNE,CHRIS, BAILEY & EBONY
[http://www.dido.mypetpages.net

Offline Georgie

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #22 on: December 07, 2004, 08:43:51 PM »
:D This is also Baileys first xmas tree experience and i dare not leave him with our tree alone as he steals the tinsel from it every opportunity he gets. Everytime i get the tree looking perfect he trashes it!!!!!!  he also pulls the garland down from the stairs!!! Cockers eh!! but we wouldnt be without them would we??? :rolleyes:
Aww, that sounds so cute to me! :D  :D  :D  
From Georgie and Bailey xxx

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #23 on: December 07, 2004, 08:55:36 PM »
:D ha ha i must admit it is so hard not to laugh at him when he does it! :D  :D  

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #24 on: December 07, 2004, 09:13:52 PM »
Bailey has left the tree alone but Brogan insists on pinching a bauble or 2 :angry:  Brogan pulled the beads off last year and following tradition - he's repeating his antics this year as well :rolleyes:  :lol:  So I have now surrounded my tree with a wire-mesh fence - NICE!! :blink:  at night it blends in better and is hardly noticeable.  I think next year I will forward plan and make a white picket fence to go round the tree - complete with a mailbox and a robin on top :D  B)  
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline DIANNE32

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #25 on: December 07, 2004, 09:21:26 PM »
:D ha haha ha hathats so funny laura i can just imagine it ha ha  

Offline Mightyjoe

• Site Member
    • http://www.byphotos.com/album/780383
Christmas Tree
« Reply #26 on: December 08, 2004, 08:29:51 AM »
:ph34r: Spoke to soon, Oscar was on his own for 3hrs and got through 3 chocs, 6 balls and a cracker. I had to hold back laughing as i said bad boy and he went of sulking under the table as he did not get his hug. It was one of those days, after clean up the mess and giving him a hug a took him for a walk where he rolled in duck poo  :angry: Bath time when we got in, had to do it on my own as my wife had gone to watch wet wet wet. We both got out tea about 9 and then fell asleep. Put a clothes maiden round the tree to keep him away from the tree why we are out but as he now know the is choc on the tree i think he might find a way to get to them  :ph34r: Will see how things are at lunch time.
David, Sharon & Oscar

Oscar Pics    Oscar in Scotland

Offline Mightyjoe

• Site Member
    • http://www.byphotos.com/album/780383
Christmas Tree
« Reply #27 on: December 08, 2004, 02:58:36 PM »
Tree is still standing  :D  
David, Sharon & Oscar

Oscar Pics    Oscar in Scotland

Offline taniac

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #28 on: December 08, 2004, 03:15:39 PM »
It's Jovi's first Christmas too, but I haven't put the tree up yet.  Neo didn't do anything to it.. but then there aren't any interesting chocolates on it or anything.

I can't bear the mess a real tree makes so I have an artifical one.. I also turn the ends of the branches over to make sure the cat can't get the baubles off, as even at 9 years old he's still quite partial to them.

I would never leave them with the tree when I'm not there.. God only knows what they would get up to!
Tania
(Neo and Jovi's Mum)

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Christmas Tree
« Reply #29 on: December 08, 2004, 03:42:40 PM »
It's Bailey's first christmas too and he's been as good as gold around the tree, I just wish the same could be said of Blue, last year he was great he didn't go near it but this year he's pinched half the deccies - the little tea leaf!!!!!  :rolleyes:  :lol:

Here's our tree, note how there are hardly any deccies at the bottom and no skirt, Blues eaten them  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx