Author Topic: Separation anxiety - tales of Hope please!  (Read 3729 times)

Offline Gerryjane

Re: Separation anxiety - tales of Hope please!
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2019, 12:24:46 PM »
Please don’t leave a pup crying or howling alone ..... that’s the highest risk way to end up with serious separation anxiety which will ruin your everyday life as well as your pups. A pup distressed to that extent is akin to us having a major panic attack which is a dreadful experience. More resilient pups might eventually give up, shut down and cope but the less resilient will not cope at all ...... very high risk strategy. Sorry to offend anyone but believe me I know xx

Offline rubyduby

Re: Separation anxiety - tales of Hope please!
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2020, 01:09:16 PM »
I have that issue with Amber who is a year old, despite having my older dog (9yrs old) who gets on great with her, she still doesn't like it when her 'humans' go out and will howl and pace, she is a very clingy dog and will whinge and follow you around all day ,   have had Cockers for over 40 yrs and never had one like this...we too are going thro the feeling of being entombed with her, even tho we are both retired, she is also the 1st dog to suffer from discomfort in car travel, probably due to the fact that she is a more anxious dog...learning curve and at the moment we are struggling.