Author Topic: Outdoor ball toy size  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Blondeduke

Outdoor ball toy size
« on: March 20, 2019, 11:35:33 AM »
Hi
Was looking for outdoor toy like ball. Looked at Kong medium tennis type ball any good? Size too.
Pup 10 weeks. Are they robust ?
Or other suggestions please?
Am finding plenty indoor toys but am getting my laces shoes nibbled out in garden plus pup chewing too many "Finds" in garden. I need outdoor distraction
Thank you.

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Outdoor ball toy size
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2019, 12:45:14 PM »
Kong toys are good, Daisy is a bit of a shredder, and she loves a teddy.  Although the Kong ones eventually disintegrate, it takes her a lot longer, and she is relentless!  Daisy has an air squeaker tennis ball, and the rugby ball shaped one, plus a standard kids football.  The toy box is overflowing if I am honest  ph34r and she decides what is going outside!  They get chucked n the washing machine fairly regularly, or the bin depending on the damage done!  :005:

Offline Barry H

« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2019, 08:43:11 AM »
The Chuckit! balls are pretty much a must have for indoors or outdoors - highly visible and indestructible.  Come in various sizes. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Chuckit-Ultra-Ball-Pcs-Size/dp/B00280MUVC/ref=sr_1_2?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1553157361&sr=1-2&keywords=chuckit+dog+balls

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2019, 09:25:59 AM »
Another Chuckit fan here too - they also float, so are good if they land in water. We‘re into the fourth year with ours and they‘re still going strong. Worth a mention (just incase  you‘re not aware already), tennis balls aren‘t advisable as they can wear down the teeth... ;)

Offline Darwin

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2019, 02:29:57 PM »
The absolute best dog ball, is a jumbo airflow ball, larger than a tennis ball.
Darwin’s original one is actually 19years old and has been in the garden for the past 10years.  It has no cracks or damage to it having so much action and fun.  We have several more that live at the bottom on his toy box

They come from Gymbore Children’s Play Centers and are either £10 or £12 for a set of three

Offline Blondeduke

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2019, 11:25:42 AM »
Thanks v much that is great I will order plenty of all types

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2019, 01:12:04 PM »
I'll bet you will  :005: never, ever add up your spending, it's not advised  ;)

Offline Blondeduke

« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2019, 02:35:57 PM »
I'll bet you will  :005: never, ever add up your spending, it's not advised  ;)
Spot on I turned up at vets today with new Carrier baby wipes baby nappy sacks etc etc I said it's like military operation with a small child. And after Crufts first timer yep I am thoroughly enjoying! but am recycling lots of things from last dog. I kept collars, leads, play pen, bedding etc. Soft toys are better now too. So many new things that never existed before.

Offline Barry H

« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2019, 08:23:17 AM »
Soft toys are better now too. So many new things that never existed before.

That's true enough.  I must've bought them all (as you do) - and spent a fortune.  Ended up giving most of them away as Jack got bored with them pretty quickly.  Best toys ever are/were scrunchy paper, big cardboard boxes, old socks rolled into a ball and old tea-towels knotted together to play tug with...

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2019, 09:00:57 AM »

That's true enough.  I must've bought them all (as you do) - and spent a fortune.  Ended up giving most of them away as Jack got bored with them pretty quickly.  Best toys ever are/were scrunchy paper, big cardboard boxes, old socks rolled into a ball and old tea-towels knotted together to play tug with...

^^^ as Barry says, the best toys are often every day household items! 

We have a new addition who is 9 weeks old.  Pets at Home have a “dog stick” which is compressed sawdust so no risk of shards of wood.  The smallest size is perfect and keeps our (already  :shades:) cockerdile entertained.  I’ve also found a soft toy from Corals pup days - a Kong (Wobta  :huh: the embroidery is not easy to read) which looks like a rabbit and is carried everywhere by the pup.

It’s four years since the last pup arrived - I’d forgotten how much work they are!  Welcome to sleepless nights and being confined to “Barack’s”!!

Jayne

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2019, 10:18:05 AM »
Kong Wubba   :005: they are in this house as well.

Offline Blondeduke

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2019, 08:20:12 PM »

Ha I agree every time we have a parcel delivered pup gets the box! Tea towels socks yes bored already. But he still loves his very very smelly original litter teddy.

^^^ as Barry says, the best toys are often every day household items! 

We have a new addition who is 9 weeks old.  Pets at Home have a “dog stick” which is compressed sawdust so no risk of shards of wood.  The smallest size is perfect and keeps our (already  :shades:) cockerdile entertained.  I’ve also found a soft toy from Corals pup days - a Kong (Wobta  :huh: the embroidery is not easy to read) which looks like a rabbit and is carried everywhere by the pup.

It’s four years since the last pup arrived - I’d forgotten how much work they are!  Welcome to sleepless nights and being confined to “Barack’s”!!

Jayne