Author Topic: Brogan and new pup Bailey  (Read 815 times)

Offline Laura

• Site Member
Brogan and new pup Bailey
« on: June 25, 2004, 07:30:51 PM »
Well, Bailey has been home 3 days now - what a star he is!!  Brogan loves Bailey to pieces - they play so lovely together.  Bailey is a little lamb compared to horror chops at the same age - unless this is the quiet before the storm :shock: ! Maybe it is like having kids - more confident with the next one?  He slept through last night from 11.30 - 6.30!  Brogan definately wears him out! Hope for a repeat performance this week!!

I think the only problem we have encountered so far is Brogan going off his food - hey that's no surprise with faddy pants.  I tried on day one splitting Brogans food into four batches same as Bailey but, there was no way this would work.  Now I am giving pup his food in his crate and taking Brogan off for a really full on game of tug - his favourite.  I am putting Brogans food down at his usual times and lifting it after 20 mins.  I will feel better when he eats properly again.  Bailey on the other hand eats every meal like it is his last!

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/photo/Puppi...P6260015?full=1                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline *Jay*

• Donator
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2004, 07:51:51 PM »
Bailey sounds just like Dallas at that age. I was prepared for the full horrors that I got with Vegas - I'm still waiting :wink:  Such an easy pup - hope Bailey is the same for you :D Although I'm sure once Vegas is unleashed on him, he'll be a delinquent within 10 minutes :lol:

PS Only kidding about that last bit, just in case you are thinking of retracting our invite :lol:                    
Dallas ( 10) & Disney ( 9 )

Playing at the Bridge: Brook (13/06/04), Jackson (23/12/05) & Vegas (14/07/10)

Offline Laura

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2004, 08:11:42 PM »
Yes, we should stay away from delinquents because Brogan has never been that way inclined  :lol: I wished!!!  In that case we can pair Vegas and Brogan off and then Dallas and Bailey can lie and count daisies together!!!!

Maybe Bailey will stay this placid then - you have given me hope!!  He really is adorable right now - and I can cuddle this puppy without having my face bitten off!!  Not speaking too soon though!!

I have just picked up Brogans tea for the 3rd night now - he is hungry because he is trying to jump for food on the work services - just doesn't want his own :cry: .  Am trying to be strong but it is hard.  He had 1/4 pack of naturediet this morning and that is it.  He wants Baileys food end of story.  Think a call to naturediet might be in order - put Brogan back on puppy naturediet?  They can then swap bowls to their hearts content.  Brogan is 11 months this week.                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline Sheila

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2004, 09:56:31 PM »
Oh, that's wonderful to hear, they are great mates already.

It was probably a good age to introduce another pup, they will be fairly close in age, so will have years of fun together.

Here's hoping it continues to go well                    

Offline Shirley

• Site Member
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 09:22:21 PM »
Hi laura

Glad to hear that Bailey is settling in well.  Sounds like they are great friends already.  He also sound much like Cooper.  We also expected the same as we had with Morgan but, like you say, it's great to be able to cuddle a pup without fear of getting your face bitten off  :lol:

Hope he continues to sleep well - I think the company of another dog helps with this  :)

Have fun with your new baby.  You will have hours of endless fun watching them play and interact together, we certainly have!!  :D                    
Shirley, Morgan and Cooper
Morgan's Page                                  Videos of my boys