Author Topic: Warts  (Read 453 times)

Offline jonnytrabant

Warts
« on: April 03, 2015, 02:47:30 PM »
Harry has what looks like a small wart on his front left leg. I don't know how long it's been there or indeed if it is a wart but he obviously knocked it and he's been licking it for about 30mins after each walk. I've not been to the vets yet as I am just seeing how it goes. Should I be worried? He's absolutely fine, with no side effects and is running around like a good'un.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Warts
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2015, 03:12:38 PM »
Cockers are prone to warts, but typically get them in middle or old age, not when as young as Harry. If it's a wart it shouldn't be of any concern except that if he's knocking it and then licking it may become infected and then might need to be removed.

I wonder if it could be a Histiocytoma? They are harmless lumps that are fairly common on young dogs. Sometimes they just disappear after a while, but sometimes they may grow bigger or become an irritant, and then have to be removed. If you do a search on here for Histiocytomas you'll come across a few posts about them.

I think if Harry was mine I'd have it checked by the vet in the next week or so if he continued to find it irritating and licked it a lot.

Offline jonnytrabant

Re: Warts
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2015, 07:50:52 AM »
Thanks Elaine, I'll take Harry to the vet on Tuesday