Author Topic: boot recomendation?  (Read 635 times)

Offline dieselboy

boot recomendation?
« on: March 30, 2015, 03:02:40 PM »
Ok, we are back at the vet tomorrow and hopefully hunter can have his bandage off. I now need to find a boot to protect his foot while it finishes heeling so I can at least take him out and get him back to training. The vet has mentioned that their boots are rather heavy and with cockers they are more prone to slipping off. She mentioned Pets at home sell a lighter one but very bad reviews.
Does anyone know of a boot that will be suitable for a small walk and light training indoors. Has to be waterproof as it was snowing today so no sign of the weather easing any time soon. It isn't for fashion so don't really care what it looks like.

Offline Joules

• Administrator
Re: boot recomendation?
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2015, 03:29:02 PM »
There was a thread on this subject recently which might help. 

It is here :

http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/discuss/index.php?topic=113823.0

;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2015, 04:27:35 PM »
Had a look on vet UK and they have some - as I don't know if they are good or not will just attach link for you:

www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=advanced_search_result&search_in_description=1&keyword=boot

Amazon probably sell them too (they sell most things doggified)

Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2015, 05:30:08 PM »
I was the person who started the thread that Joules has copied the link for you.  The PawZ protection shoes are brilliant.  Look at bit like a thick balloon and they are a bit of a struggle to get on the dog's foot.  Definitely a two person job.  However once on they stay in place and do a wonderful job.  We took Jazz out walking for several miles on stony, uneven ground with his shoe on and there was not a mark on it at the end of the walk, (apart from the obvious muddiness).  They are available on Amazon and I bought the medium size for Jazz, perfect fit. 

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2015, 10:46:28 AM »
Definitely Pawz boots - size medium (Blue or black) 12 to a pack, reusable a few times depending on ground walked on for about £13.50.

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie