Author Topic: Nature's Harvest vs Forthglade vs Naturediet vs Nature's Menu vs Wainwright  (Read 3862 times)

Offline silke

• Site Member
Hi,

I wondered if anyone had tried these foods and what your thoughts were, please?

Thanks a lot!  :D

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
I feed my two Natures Harvest wet food along with James Wellbeloved dry food.

My two love NH and are fine on it, I sometimes switch the dry for Barking Heads and have used Wainwights too.

Wainwrights is Pets at Home own brand and I was told they will refund the money if not liked.
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
Before switching to raw, Mollie had Wainwrights Grain Free (kibble & trays - I used to mix together).  She did very well on this and had a lovely coat.

Good variety and reasonably priced.  PAH also had special offers on this quite often (it's their own brand).

Have a look at the website All About Dog Food

http://www.allaboutdogfood.co.uk/

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Minstrel is on Forthglade Lifestages and all in all is doing well on it - sometimes the trays can vary in colour and the number of peas in the food can vary a lot too, but as these are whole I tend to just take some out. The tray tops can sometimes be difficult to remove and you have to go round them with a knife or scissors. He used to have Nature Diet and got on quite well with that until they changed their process and packaging back in October 2014. He was then on Nature's Harvest for a while which is good but I found rather expensive compared to Forthglade. Bear in mind that Natures Harvest come in packs of 10 and Forthglade normal packs (all same flavour) are in 18 - so important to consider this when making price comparison.

Puppy Branston is on Junior Royal Canin Medium with a bit of Nature's Harvest puppy on, the idea was to gradually move him to  Nature's Harvest only, but as he seems to be doing well on the RC decided to leave him on that until he is a year old and have a rethink then maybe. I am also going to change him to Forthglade Menu as a topper soon, as that is probably better for him opposed to NH which is a complete meal.

If you do decide to look into Forthglade be aware that there are two types, Lifestages are complete meals, whereas the Menu foods are complementary foods and need other things added to them

I have not tried Wainwrights or Nature's Menu so cannot comment on those.
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
Harvey is on Naturediet and loves it. We haven't tried he others.

Offline linda c

Blue has had Naturediet and Nature's Harvest in the past and has been fine on both.
We bought the Wainwrights Mature Turkey, the  box of 12 x 395g  packs is the cheapest. If you join PAH VIP club you get vouchers sent every so often to save money. He absolutely loves it. So I stick to that now to mix in with his dry food.
I cut a pack into 12 cubes, wrap in foil and freeze then take out 1 cube a day and mix half a cube with each of his 2 meals He's on a special Urinary Diet for Struvite Stones and my Vet says it's ok to mix a small amount in, otherwise he just won't eat it !!!  :D

Offline silke

• Site Member
Thank you everyone for your input.  :D

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
Archie is on Wainwrights trays. I mix and match flavours and grain free/normal variety with no issues. He LOVES it. It was the only food he would eat when he was young so it was a life saver when I discovered it. I also sometimes give him Forthglade just for a change, again with no issues. I have heard they are made by the same company but can't verify it. They are tricky to open and I lways use a knife but the plus side of that is that I have never had one split and spoiled.