Author Topic: Back again.  (Read 1436 times)

Offline williamsmum

Back again.
« on: November 11, 2016, 01:00:29 PM »
Hello. Well, it's a long, long time since I have been on cockersonline, and so much has happened. Briefly, I have been living abroad for four years, but am now back in UK. On a very sad note, I lost my dearest old boy, William, in August this year, aged thirteen and a half. He had a fabulous life, was loved every day, and fortunately he was only ill for a very short time, but I miss him so very much. On another sad note, I also lost my GSD, Rufus, just two weeks ago, aged only seven, to cancer. He missed William very much, and started going downhill just a week after I lost William. We all thought it was grief, even my vet, but over the weeks he got weaker and weaker, then stopped eating altogether. We had him tested for all sorts of things, including Lymes and Addisons Disease, but everything came back negative. My one remaining cocker, Twiggy, is so lonely without her friends, and I am actively searching for another cocker to help her. I would love to take on a rescue, if possible, and have my details registered with several spaniel rescue sites. Hopefully it won't take too long before we are welcoming another sweetheart into our lives.

Offline Markr64

• Donator
Re: Back again.
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 02:12:26 PM »
Welcome back and so sorry for your losses. People say it gets better with time but I tend to disagree with that, so just enjoy their memories and the good times.

Nice idea taking on a rescue and there does seem to be a few about. Good luck with finding a new fur baby.

Offline AlanT

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 02:52:57 PM »
I feel there is only one way to look at this.

When you loose one dog it creates an opportunity for another dog, maybe unwanted at present, to have a good life.

Without the losses there would be many homeless dogs OR few puppies.
That just would not be good, would it.

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 03:09:42 PM »
So sorry to hear about William and Rufus  :'( :'( very sad times for you. sending you these  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: and hope you get  furry friend for Twiggy very soon ;)
Run free at the Bridge Boys, together forever  :luv: :luv:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 03:33:26 PM »
Hi and welcome back. So sorry to hear about both William and Rufus, every dog is different, every loss is different whether it be to old age or tragically when they're still in the prime of their lives but they all leave an irreplaceable hole in your heart.
Its wonderful that you're prepared to give another needy dog a loving home and that Twiggy will have another companion again. Best of luck - do keep us updated!

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 08:50:33 AM »
Hello and welcome back to COL and to the UK :D

So sorry to hear about William and Rufus  :'(, you must be missing them both so much. I hope that you can find a new friend for Twiggy very soon.

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 01:34:38 PM »
Welcome back...sorry to read of your loss...it is hard.

Do hope you manage to find a new friend for Twiggy.  have you looked at Many tears rescue, understand from one member ob here that they have a few coming up.

Worth a look.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline williamsmum

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 02:34:53 PM »
Thanks everyone, so much. Yes, it has been a very difficult few months and I still miss my boys so much, but it will also give me the opportunity to help another spaniel who may be in need. I am also hoping to rescue another GSD. There are many of them, sadly, as not so many people want to take on large dogs. I have a home check tomorrow with Spaniel Assist, so really hoping that goes well, so that Twiggy can soon have a new friend. It is so nice to be back on COL again.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 03:05:03 PM »
Lovely! Best of luck, do let us know how it goes.(I have a soft spot for GSD's, my first dog was a long haired one but couldn't cooe with a big dog now)

Offline williamsmum

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2016, 05:45:19 PM »
Home check seemed to go really well, so just have to wait (very impatiently!) for now.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #10 on: November 14, 2016, 07:28:52 PM »
Great! Looking forward to hearing news!! Best of luck!

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2016, 08:22:56 PM »
Nice to have you back, good luck with the home check.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010