Author Topic: Thank you everyone, so much.  (Read 1462 times)

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
Thank you everyone, so much.
« on: October 06, 2016, 10:53:15 PM »
I recently posted about losing my darling Ellie, so suddenly.  I just wanted to say thank you so much to everyone who replied to my post.  The caring, touching and thoughtful replies from you all, about a little cocker you had never met, just shows what wonderful people there are on this site.

I am so sorry it has taken me so long to thank you all.  I have found it very difficult to come onto the site and see all the lovely cockers, I hope you all understand where I am coming from.  Since Ellie died, to all those who have gone through what I have gone through, and to all those who's cockers have been poorly, I am so sorry I have not responded to your posts but you have been in my thoughts.  I have been lurking on the sidelines, but have not been able to join in. 

It still hurts badly and I still miss her so much, and will forever.  But however much I want her back, I know I can't have her, and as we have so much love and a wonderful home to offer, it is only fair that another cocker has the wonderful life that Ellie had.  So the search is on for a new baby and of course I will let you know when that new baby has been found.

I will admit I am not finding it easy, I am finding that people do not always tell the truth, so will be asking for help when I am not sure about things and I know you will help me. 

Thank you again for all the kindness show to me when I lost Ellie.  You were all so wonderful.

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Thank you everyone, so much.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2016, 10:00:33 AM »
You have absolutely no need to apologise, a great many of us have been through what you're going through and those that haven't have the same love for their own dogs, so can empathise with you also. Losing Ellie is akin to losing any other beloved member of your family and you need time and space to mourn. The support on this site is, in all situations, quite incredible, its not quite like anything I've ever experienced anywhere else. I think many of us regard the members on here as friends and feel we know the dogs, so its natural that we also feel concern when one of us is going through a bad patch or, like you, is suffering a loss - the dogs are our common factor and because we all understand the situation possibly better than a person who's never had or loved a dog, we're maybe just better placed to put ourselves in your shoes.
Its wonderful that you've decided to look for another puppy to come into your life, it will never replace Ellie, she will always be in your heart but somewhere another little dog is waiting to be given the lovely home and love that she enjoyed. Do keep us posted, I wish you all the best!

Offline lescef

« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 10:03:54 AM »
Ahh...... that's lovely.  I'm so glad that you will have another dog. I understand that some people find it difficult,  but I've always found it's the best thing to do for us. It's a lovely tribute to Ellie too. Xx
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline Murphys Law

« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2016, 12:19:43 PM »
I agree totally with lescef. There is a little bundle of fur and joy out there that is going to have a great life with you.

Offline Markr64

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2016, 12:39:31 PM »
We all understand how you have been feeling, you have been through so much and the support is there for you from this great bunch of people.

Offline sodpot2000

« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2016, 01:49:20 PM »
Our dogs teach us so much. It will be so much better if another dog can benefit from all Ellie taught you. I am sure she would not want all her work training you to be wasted!

Good luck with the search. The right one will find you.

Rodney

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2016, 04:28:34 PM »
I think that when someone loves and cherishes their  dog - it is right that another little dog should be given the chance of receiving that love.  I am certain that another dog is there for you and Ellie and all the love she gave will stand you in good stead.

Good luck.

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline GeoW

• Donator
  • Maurice, Jan, and William (Prince of Orange)
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2016, 06:32:03 PM »
We've been thro' the pain that you have felt four times now over the years and we can't live in a house without a cocker. Each new arrival has helped heal that pain but we still have such fond memories of all our previous cockers.

To give a home to a new cocker is the greatest compliment you can give to Ellie, hope you find a new companion soon to share a mutual joy.

M

Online MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2016, 07:08:14 PM »
 Ellie has already chosen your new "soul mate" . when you both meet it will be love at first sight.  that thud of your heart strings will be her "sign " of approval
 :bigarmhug:
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Suzie Q

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 01:17:17 PM »
You may not have considered it but do have a look at the rescues, not just RSPCA and Dog's Trust but all the smaller ones, you'd be amazed at the number of pedigree pups and adults that land in them for whatever reason.  We recently adopted a six year old (ish) black cocker bitch from our local RSPCA and I can honestly say that if I'd searched every breeder in the land and spent thousands I couldn't have found a better dog. We saw her only four weeks after losing a very much loved cavalier completely unexpectedly and I'm sure some people thought we were rushing into it, but I'm sure my Rosie would be delighted we found Candy. When your grief isn't quite so fresh and raw and your happy memories take over more and more, I hope your new dog will be waiting, just round the corner.

Offline AlanT

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 01:22:36 PM »
Outfit called CAESSR has nice rescues but mainly covers the North.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #11 on: October 23, 2016, 06:13:35 PM »
Sending hugs to you  :luv:
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010