Author Topic: Looking for a Rescue Spaniel  (Read 1149 times)

Offline Dogwalker

Looking for a Rescue Spaniel
« on: October 24, 2016, 12:51:36 PM »
Having had Cocker Spaniels since 1962 [before any children came along] it has always been the norm to have dogs around the home. We bred from Woodland Silver Cygnet in 1982, four lovely pups, one of which came to Louth Lincolnshire with us and lived to 16 years. We were then adopted by a lovely black and tan from Melton Mowbray, a four year old who gave us twelve fun filled years until she died suddenly aged 16. Georgia, [Lochranza Posh Socks] joined
us in 2010, another black and tan until her sudden death in April this year aged twelve.Stunned by her death we decided to take a breather but had offers of  rescue spaniels from several sources, none of which arrived. We are taking a holiday in a few weeks time and are looking for a rescue Cocker on our return. I am a lay chaplain at Louth hospital and many of the nurses are also dog lovers. I get "aggro" each time I am on the wards - "when are you getting another dog?"
I hear of rescue cockers all the time but seem to just that bit too late. Is there any help out there?
Am I allowed to put my e-mail address here? I will anyway - it  is

**Admin comment:  I have removed your e-mail address - please only use private messages to pass this on.  I will also move to the General Board as I assume that you are not looking for a dog over 9 years old??**

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
Re: Rescue Spaniel
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2016, 03:06:01 PM »
Just wondered if you'd read Baileyboy78's post yesterday?

Offline AlanT

Re: Rescue Spaniel
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 03:16:30 PM »
Please don't put your email address on any forum.

The Internet has malicious software that sorts through forum text and "harvests" email addresses.
Then these get used by scammers.

It's safer just to ask members to send you a message via the forum system.

Offline rubybella

Re: Looking for a Rescue Spaniel
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2016, 05:46:36 PM »
Please contact Spaniel Aid. I have a 7 year old foster cocker with me at the moment, and we have around 50 springers and cockers in foster homes around the country. We have young and old, working and show cockers. Please contact them and fill in an application form. If nothing that matches your requirements at the moment I guarantee it won't be long before a dog comes in that would be a good match! Some need to be with other dogs but others are better as only dogs.

Offline Koslg

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2016, 05:42:01 PM »
I was going to recommend Spaniel Aid as well 😄

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2016, 05:57:40 PM »
Little Bailey would have been ideal!  He has now gone to NESSR I think?

It would be worth going down the route to be home checked so that you are well up the list when anything comes up.  There are a couple of people on here I think that home check - Pearly is one of them, it might be worth messaging Jayne to get more information on the process etc.

Good luck!