Author Topic: Crate troubles  (Read 725 times)

Offline TedsMum

Crate troubles
« on: October 22, 2016, 10:48:19 AM »
Teds now 8 months and the past month is starting to not want to go in his crate at night. He wakes in the night or gets us up very early. The odd night he's slept in the spare room he's been good as gold.
We took him away for the first time last week and he was perfect. Slept from 10 till 8 on the floor of our hotel room.
Now we're home and he's a monster at bed time. Cries and howls and doesn't want to go in the crate at all. Now this wouldn't be a problem at all apart from we have two cats who's only safe refuge is our bed. If we let Ted free at night I'm afraid the cats may leave home.
Any ideas would be helpful, or am I doomed to sleep withe dog instead of OH for ever more?

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
Re: Crate troubles
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2016, 11:35:11 AM »
Do you close the crate door or leave it open, if you close it try leaving it open and leaving a rug or something just outside so he can choose but still have the area where the crate is as his sleeping place.
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2016, 01:42:15 PM »
That's exactly what we do, - Humphrey has run of the kitchen and hall and the crate stands open in the hall with a blanket/ bed next to it.

Offline TedsMum

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2016, 05:03:24 PM »
He's on the landing so unless we close our bedroom door he's likely to jump on the bed 😕

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2016, 05:26:36 PM »
He's on the landing so unless we close our bedroom door he's likely to jump on the bed 😕

Baby gate?
Julie and Watson

Offline TedsMum

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2016, 05:58:11 PM »

Baby gate?
:D yes, worth a try! Thanks