Author Topic: Maike is here and a handful!  (Read 869 times)

Offline Beezzzkneez

Maike is here and a handful!
« on: September 10, 2011, 07:58:20 AM »
I will post photos once I get the time to actually take photos, but right now.... PUPPY MAYHEM!!!!

She was great on the way home, just snoozed in her VariKennel the whole way - I was going to have her on my lap but she was just too energetic, and that continues. She loves nothing more than to jump up and give me kisses and scramble over my shoes. Her favourite thing is when I sit down on the floor and she can clamber all over my lap.

She was as good as gold last night - OH said he went out with her twice (I was so knackered I just slept through it all) and she was then ok until 6:30. I popped her out but she wasn't interested, after being put back in her crate she howled for 20 minutes and once she quieted down I took her out, fed her breakfast (too excited to eat), and now we played for a bit while OH finished putting up the baby gate.

She's already very good at bringing back her tug toy! She's up in her crate now whinging at OH - I realised very quickly that not having the gated areas ready for her was going to be a problem (being sorted now), she is such a bundle of energy and there are just too many places she could hide in the living room.

She has the weirdest howl I have ever heard - it's funny and heart-rending at the same time.  :luv:

The cats are surprisingly ok with her. Shiloh is curious and calm (she is usually our scaredy-cat) and Fumble, who usually hates dogs, hasn't hissed, spit or attacked but just watches and even slunk past the crate to get into our bedroom last night. Poor traumatised cat.
Bee

Maike is our lovely golden working Cocker, born 12/07/11

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Maike is here and a handful!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2011, 08:02:21 AM »
Welcome home Maike :luv:

Sounds like she's settling in nicely :D

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2011, 08:43:51 AM »
Pleased to hear Maike is home and causing mayhem !!!  :005: Anything less wouldnt be right from a cocker pup  :005: Have fun and enjoy the puppy life it passes oh so quickly.
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline silverdawn

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2011, 08:54:10 AM »
welcome to the forum from a fellow newbie,..our milli is behaving in the same way as Maike,
she gets up to all sorts of trouble and at other times she is pure gold,....because of her
character we have nicknamed her (The Duchess!!??.. :005:

Offline Beezzzkneez

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2011, 10:23:48 AM »
Thank you, she's had another play and is now upstairs in her area crying. We are steadfastly trying to ignore her, will pop out for some quick errands later, but it's haaaaaard. First day of separation from the litter, will put a wee puppy area up in the living room once we're back so she can sit with us while we go about our day.
Bee

Maike is our lovely golden working Cocker, born 12/07/11

Offline Snoo

• Clover, DOB 17/05/11
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2011, 11:12:26 AM »
She sounds wonderful - can't wait to see the pics of her!  :luv:
To know them is to love them.....

Offline Jonnydog

• Donator
  • Penny Black - b. 7/5/2011
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2011, 06:18:42 PM »
Aww she looks lovely in your avatar. Hurry up with the piccies! Enjoy the mayhem - she'll soon have you trained to her exacting standards.

Jess - my little companion 2003-2011

Offline Millomite

• Amber (CS), Brook (Lab) & Fern (CS)
    • Amberquest Gundogs
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2011, 08:34:01 AM »
How's she bred?

Offline Amy_and_Harry

« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2011, 09:21:13 AM »
Awwwww exciting times  :luv: hope everything settles down soon they can be little whirl winds  :lol:

Amy, Harry & Blue