Author Topic: Hello from Ruby and her owners  (Read 500 times)

Offline staccato

Hello from Ruby and her owners
« on: January 26, 2012, 10:03:28 AM »
Hi everyone

My girlfriend and I are the owners of 2 and a half year old Ruby (Trevoranns Little Jewel)

She's a black working cocker who we bought as a puppy.  We trained her relentlessly and we couldn't have asked for a nicer dog.

We are currently looking to buy another dog as a kind of companion/additional family member and have therefore decided to go for another working cocker spaniel.

Has anyone got any suggestions as to whether a male or a female would go better with our neutered female Ruby?

Also, we want to track Ruby's blood relatives but can't find the breeder's contact details to get back in touch with her.  it'd be nice to get another puppy from the same blood line as ruby has turned out so well.

Offline karen488

Re: Hello from Ruby and her owners
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 10:21:41 AM »
We got a boy to go with our girl as I read that that was the easiest combination. 2 months in, so far so good. Welcome and good luck with your search. :)

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2012, 03:03:28 PM »

Cant really advise about 2 dogs as we only have Charlie our lovely 6 yr old orange & white boy.

Just want to say. Hello and Welcome to COL  :D

Good luck with your search.
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline KellyT

• Hazel, Jennie & Millie - the 3 Muskaspaniels
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2012, 11:11:42 PM »
Hi welcome to the forums :)

We went with a 2nd bitch to go with our 1st bitch... I think if your girl is spayed then I'd opt for whatever you'd like and whoever has the best temperament to compliment your girl :)
Kelly & the 3 muskaspaniels x

Offline staccato

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, 10:44:42 AM »
Thanks for the replies.  I'll upload a photo later and also donate to the forum :D