Author Topic: Current COL Issues  (Read 8542 times)

Offline stueymac

• Tech Support
  • Administrator
    • CockersOnline
Current COL Issues
« on: March 19, 2014, 07:35:45 AM »
Dear all

I know there is much annoyance and frustration regarding our current problems with the server technology COL is hosted on, we are trying our hardest to resolve these issues but it is taking some time. Ultimately I will have to make the call to invest in a new server, this in itself will result in some further downtime but should result in a more accessible and stable site.
I have always tried to keep COL free of membership charges (although that would solve all the problems!) so that everyone has access to the valuable information and support here. Your kind donations will help me to invest in some new equipment, I will try and sort everything out as soon as I can but please understand that all the Mods/Admins and myself give our time freely to COL and have to fit COL in around our normal jobs and daily routines.

Regards
Stuart

Edit: 11am. This morning I have ordered a new server, all being well within the next 48 hours or so I will migrate COL and the forum to it's new home, there will be dowtime, there will be teething troubles! Please be patient while during the transition, I will try to post ahead of the longest spells of anticipated downtime.

Offline Walshies

• Fudge - our lovely chocolate boy
    • Masarnen Ramblers
Re: Current COL Issues
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2014, 07:41:30 AM »
Thank you very much for the update Stuart. I, like every member I expect, am very appreciative of the amount of effort that goes in by you and the mods into making this site the exceptional wealth of information that it is.

Dave
Check out our website at www.masarnenramblers.com

Offline wendall

• Donator
  • Honey and Pip
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2014, 08:18:25 AM »
ditto...
Rosie,rest in peace my beautiful little girl, you will be in my heart forever. 2/2/12-24/10/12

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2014, 08:27:30 AM »
Thanks Stu - I am sure this is proving to be a real pain for you >:(  Here's hoping the issues can be sorted out and we can continue to enjoy all the resources on COL for free.

Might be timely to point out that, if anyone wants to make a donation, you can do it here:  http://www.cockersonline.co.uk/donate.html   :D
Julie and Watson

Offline Pearly

• Donator
  • Pearl, Coral, Sally, Purdey and Kukri
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2014, 08:41:22 AM »
Thanks Stuart for all your hardwork (and that of the Mods) is very much appreciated

It's time I made another. donation to the site - will do next week  ;)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2014, 08:47:42 AM »
Thanks Stuart, all your hard work is very much appreciated :D

Offline HBP

• Hudson Bramble
« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2014, 08:57:32 AM »
Thanks for the update, yesterday seemed particularly bad for the resource errors, was going to post in the other thread about it actually.

Good luck getting it sorted, thanks for keeping COL alive for us!  :lol2:

Offline 6thSense

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2014, 10:17:02 AM »
Just wanted to say thanks for all you do Stuart and team. I will donate again as soon as I can to help out. Least we can do.  :D
xxxxxx 🐕 Sarah & 'Chamerl' Cocker Crew 🐕 xxxxxx

Offline crazybailey

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2014, 10:55:41 AM »
Thank you Staurt for all you and the mods do, I for one live on here for tips, chat and good honest advice. I will donate when I get home.

I for one value this forum so much I would be happy to pay an annual membership fee  :D
I'm normally on my phone, please forgive any typing errors!

Offline Fluff

• Donator
  • Daisy the whirling dervish
« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2014, 02:20:53 PM »
Thanks for all your hard work Stuart and the team. I've made a donation, seems a small sacrifice compared to the pleasure I get out of coming here :)

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2014, 08:50:39 PM »
A thank you for me for all the hard work and effort from Stuart and the team; it is very much appreciated.  :D

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline HJandKatie

• Loki - Working Cocker
« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2014, 09:23:03 PM »
Thank you for all of your efforts - I couldn't afford much (who knew new puppies needed so much stuff) but I have popped a donation over today towards the new server.

Offline BobnDot

• Donator
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2014, 09:35:08 PM »
I'd be more than happy to pay an annual fee or make a donation more frequently than I do at the moment.

When you, the Admins and Mods give so freely of your time it's only fair that the members try and make sure that there's sufficient funds available for you to do so without having to count the pennies or worry about finances.

Ideally COL would remain free of charges as that allows everyone to access help and advice freely but maybe we needed a gentle reminder that the site has running costs and a small donation shows our appreciation for the work done on our behalf.

New server contribution on the way.

Bob.

Offline Redked

• Donator
  • Beautiful Bonnie Boo (formerly The Destroyer)
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2014, 10:40:46 PM »
I'd be more than happy to pay an annual fee or make a donation more frequently than I do at the moment.

When you, the Admins and Mods give so freely of your time it's only fair that the members try and make sure that there's sufficient funds available for you to do so without having to count the pennies or worry about finances.

Ideally COL would remain free of charges as that allows everyone to access help and advice freely but maybe we needed a gentle reminder that the site has running costs and a small donation shows our appreciation for the work done on our behalf.

New server contribution on the way.

Bob.

Me too! I know you would like to keep this site free for all and I hope you can if that is your wish, but I would happily pay an annual fee to be a member. I get hours of fun, have learnt so much and have advice from the most knowledgeable people on a subject I never tire of learning about. Life would be dull without my COL fix xxx

Offline jennycockerspaniel

• Donator
  • A.I.O.H Jenny
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 11:11:38 PM »
Thakyou for all your time spent and all others who help it run smoothly I really miss it
Penny Black Jennys niece