Author Topic: Healing thoughts needed for Sweep  (Read 6695 times)

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
Re: Healing thoughts needed for Sweep
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2013, 02:23:19 PM »
Really worried about him. He's been sick twice now and got diarrhoea. He can't get comfortable on the sofa. Hate seeing him like this. I'm starting to think maybe shouldn't have tried the chemo. Am I being cruel trying to keep him going? Supposed to be going to my mum's this weekend - haven't seen her since xmas due to my illness and surgery.

My heart goes out to you.  It is such a hard decision to make when it comes to chemo.  All I can say is that you did what you believed was best, and that's all your doggie would want of you.

Sending massive hugs and lots of healing thoughts your way. Xx
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2013, 02:34:01 PM »
Thanks for all your replies.Vet ringing later with results of blood test so can discuss it with her then.Hate seeing him like this.He was absolutely fine after chemo until yesterday.Hard to know if a one off.Can't put him through this every time much as I absolutely dread the thought of losing him.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2013, 02:44:36 PM »
I can see no reason why it should have to carry on like that. My friends cocker has been having chemo with nothing like the problems Sweep is encountering. It may well be something as simple as altering drug ratios. You cannot call yourself cruel though. You are between a rock and a hard place. If you decided against chemo and something happened then you can bet your bottom dollar you would be kicking yourself for the opposite reason!

I think you do these things so you can say that at the end of the day, you gave them a fighting chance at life xx :blink:
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Lily Freya

• Owned by Luis, Ollie and Gracie.
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2013, 02:49:24 PM »
I can see no reason why it should have to carry on like that. My friends cocker has been having chemo with nothing like the problems Sweep is encountering. It may well be something as simple as altering drug ratios. You cannot call yourself cruel though. You are between a rock and a hard place. If you decided against chemo and something happened then you can bet your bottom dollar you would be kicking yourself for the opposite reason!

I think you do these things so you can say that at the end of the day, you gave them a fighting chance at life xx :blink:

Ditto Sheryl.  That's all we ever do.  We love them and do our very best. X
No longer in my arms, but forever in my heart, my girls at the Bridge, Lily and Freya. Xx

Offline blueroangirl

• Site Member
  • R.I.P Sweep 21.2.2004-7.12.2013
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2013, 03:13:04 PM »
The vet just rang.His white blood cell levels have dropped really low.Got to take him in as he needs to go on a drip overnight.They hope the levels pick up and they can restart the Chemo but at a lower dose.Just waiting for OH to come and pick us up.

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #20 on: May 21, 2013, 03:18:19 PM »
Well it's encouraging that they have a plan of action and that they will alter his drugs accordingly xx
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: May 21, 2013, 03:25:36 PM »
Sending over healing and positive thoughts for Sweep  :luv: :luv: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Stephanie, George and Hamish xxx
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #22 on: May 21, 2013, 03:34:11 PM »
Poor Sweep  :luv:  What a worry for you, but hoping revised treatment will suit him better  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Janet & Poppy

Offline SweetSweep

• Sweep
« Reply #23 on: May 21, 2013, 03:37:54 PM »
gentle hugs and lots of healing thoughts for poorly Sweep  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Wenco18

• Donator
  • With Lottie and Lola in North Yorkshire
« Reply #24 on: May 21, 2013, 03:57:50 PM »
Healing thoughts and lots of love from all of us here too  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Wendy, Lottie and Lola x

Lottie dob 26/04/09
Lola  dob  10/10/2011

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #25 on: May 21, 2013, 04:27:34 PM »
Sending lots of positive thoughts for Sweep :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #26 on: May 21, 2013, 06:26:29 PM »
Poor Sweep  :luv:  What a worry for you, but hoping revised treatment will suit him better  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

The same us too Hun  :luv: hang on in there Sweep we are all rooting for you  :luv:  :luv: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Sula

• Raisin
« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2013, 06:56:48 PM »
I also think you should not be too hard on yourself over choosing to give Sweep a fighting chance. The reaction he has suffered is extremely unfortunate but not what the vet thought would happen, hence the change in treatment plan.

I bet that most of us would have done the same as you - I know that I would have - and I am praying that he feels better after the drip tonight and they can get him restarted on a lower dose of the chemo.

Big hugs for you too and lets hope Sweep responds to the new dosage xx

Offline DeeDee

« Reply #28 on: May 21, 2013, 07:05:07 PM »
Thinking about you and Sweep and keeping fingers crossed that he is feeling better in the morning. Lots more healing thoughts making their way to Sweep right now. Take care.  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: Diana

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
« Reply #29 on: May 21, 2013, 07:07:27 PM »
 :bigarmhug:'s hun - I can imagine how worried you must be. But as Sheryl said, they have a plan... that's a good thing.  Everything crossed he has a quiet night and the drip helps him feel a lot better soon  :luv: xx
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown