Author Topic: Lily Question!  (Read 318 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Lily Question!
« on: October 13, 2013, 05:08:16 PM »
In a panic. I cut all the stamens off the lillies I had in a vase but the bag must have fallen out of the bin. I just found Lyla with her nose in it. It was seconds but I took it off her, washed round her nose where the staining was and opened her mouth but there was no sign of pollen in her mouth from the flower. I'm unsure whether to call the vet or not. Can anyone tell me if they would do more?
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline 7733lily

Re: Lily Question!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2013, 05:43:33 PM »
Sorry, not sure about dogs, but know they are posionous to cats
I wouldn't be overly concerned as it doesn't appear that she's eaten any and just watch out for any symptoms as upset tum or sickness
If you know what type of lily it was that may help in looking up if it's posionous to dogs as it would appear if depends on what type
Hope she's ok

Offline coopersmum

« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2013, 07:13:18 PM »
Do you think she ate one? Lily's are very toxic to all animals. I would ring the vet and see what they have to say. I think she would show gastro signs as well as affecting other organ systems if she'd gotten enough. I think she would have had to have gobbled a decent amount though, and it doesn't sound like she did. I'd ring the vet to be doubly safe and for peace of mind.

Offline Panda

« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2013, 07:48:12 PM »
Not all lilies are toxic to all animals and apparently dogs have to consume a large amount for mild gastrointestinal symptoms to occur - it also depends on the variety of lily for severity of symptoms. I'd still check with the vet though for peace of mind.