Author Topic: Positive thoughts needed for Brodie  (Read 54557 times)

Offline Mudmagnets

• Site Member
  • My boys
Re: Positive thoughts needed for Brodie
« Reply #435 on: May 20, 2015, 07:17:14 PM »
Great news  :banana: :banana:
Remembering Smudge 23/11/2006 - 3/8/2013, and Branston 30/8/14 - 28/10/22 both now at the Bridge.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #436 on: May 20, 2015, 07:18:09 PM »
Wonderful news :D

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #437 on: May 22, 2015, 11:07:30 AM »
She came home yesterday :luv:, although for a while I thought I was going to have to take her back in :-\. Thankfully her painkillers kicked in. We had a good night, and she's happy to go walks too.

Bathtimes are not going well ph34r. I used a storage box last night, and the water went everywhere but on Brodie. This morning I put her in the bath which went better, but still led to an unhappy girl. I knew it was too good to be true when the vets said she was enjoying them!

So I think she's definitely over the worst of it, but we still have a way to go. The vet says I will start noticing a difference over the next week :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #438 on: May 22, 2015, 11:17:05 AM »
I'm really pleased she's home with you :D and that the vet has said you'll start noticing a difference in the next week, although I'm sure that seems like a long time right now. Hopefully the baths will become easier as time goes on too.

Offline luckypenny

« Reply #439 on: May 22, 2015, 02:37:08 PM »
Aw- glad she is back. Hope you have a nice weekend. x

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #440 on: May 22, 2015, 05:00:06 PM »
Welcome home PB  :luv: good to know you are still in charge  :005: Jenny, not sure the vet was being completely accurate on her reaction to her baths! Good luck with that and keep a mop handy! Xx

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #441 on: May 22, 2015, 06:50:16 PM »
Jenny it's obvious in the cocker thinking world that Brodie feels you should get wet too :005:

Am glad to hear she is home where she has you.

Julie
Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline Rowan Liver Roan

• Rowan Liver Roan
« Reply #442 on: May 22, 2015, 07:50:03 PM »
Really glad she's home with you Jenny. She's just reminding you who's boss! I hope the vet's right and you start to see positive signs. Rowan sends her hugs  :luv:
Proud to be owned by a cocker spaniel.

Offline AndyB

• Donator
« Reply #443 on: May 22, 2015, 09:39:09 PM »
 :luv:

So glad Brodie is home with you.  Patience and perseverance with the baths, she is just gonna have to get used to it by the sounds of things.   Everything crossed for a significant improvement by this time next week.   Sending  :bigarmhug: to you both.

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
« Reply #444 on: May 23, 2015, 03:15:56 PM »
I am seeing glimmers of the usual Brodie today :shades:. She demanded I take her over to see her friend Beau (through the fence), ran into my next door neighbour's house and refused to get off their sofa, and has started barking at random dogs again. She's still incredibly tired, and very uncomfortable at times, but there's a definite improvement today. She's coping better with me putting the cream on too, although still not terribly happy about it.

Im going to try doing the tea soaks again at some point, as I am rather fed up getting soaked three times a day :005:. She's not exactly thrilled about it either. Hopefully she won't find the tea soaks as bad as she did the last time I tried :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline Deb H

• Site Member
« Reply #445 on: May 23, 2015, 03:51:22 PM »
Aren't they just amazing. You really can't  keep a cocker down for long. So please Brodie's cheeky side is re emerging.
He is your friend,your partner,your defender,your dog. You are his life,his love,his leader. He will be yours,faithfull and true,to the last beat of his heart.You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.Anon.
Deb,Henry,Jasper & George angel babies. Sydney,Harry,Jethro,Dhali Hebe Seth Hades Moses

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #446 on: May 23, 2015, 06:03:48 PM »
Good girl Brodie  :luv: Glad you had a visit with Beau, and Daisy says it's fine to bark at random dogs and people, makes them feel loved!  :luv:  Jenny, you will be sharing tea baths with Brodie no matter what you want, bound to be good for your skin?! So pleased to hear such a positive update. X

Offline chrisp

• Site Member
« Reply #447 on: May 23, 2015, 06:30:47 PM »
That's great news!

Offline Penelope

• Site Member
« Reply #448 on: May 24, 2015, 11:12:11 AM »
Fantastic news!  So pleased for you.
Penny,   Dexter (cavalier x poodle), Alfie (Whippet cross)  and  Maximus the cocker spaniel!!

RIP my 2 most gorgeous cocker girls - Buffy and Harriet - both waiting for me at the bridge. Joined by my beloved Josie taken too soon and Suki aged 13 :(

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #449 on: May 25, 2015, 07:02:30 PM »
Just wondering how the shared tea baths are going?  Hope you are both doing okay. x