Author Topic: Second season in a Roan  (Read 1059 times)

Offline valcam

Second season in a Roan
« on: July 12, 2015, 03:20:02 PM »
My little Pops had her first season in January at 18 months old, we were going to get her spayed but she had a phantom pregnancy, then we were taking her away on holiday so after a chat with the vet we decided there was no harm to letting her have a second season then be spayed. I however may have a huge problem, I thought she would come on soon but there is no sign and in 6 weeks we are due to take her away on holiday again, been googling and Powerscourt cocker spaniels have an article on their website which says Roan cockers may be longer between seasons, anyone else aware of this and am I panicking to early, thanks in advance xx

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
Re: Second season in a Roan
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 06:36:38 PM »
Gemma (red) was very unpredictable  when she came into season. she also so suffered phantom pregnancies. She could be any time between 6 and 11 months after the last . it was a bit hit and miss with us trying to get her booked in because we had to wait for 3 months after the phantom symptoms before having her spayed
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2015, 09:07:37 AM »
Just a little confused? Are you panicking because you don't want her to be in season for your holiday or because you would prefer her to be spayed before you go?

Offline valcam

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2015, 04:22:10 PM »
Sorry, I'm worried she may come on just as we are going on holiday, if it is sometimes 9 months we should be ok. I just wanted some advice if Roans are longer between seasons, we had a solid black girl and she was pretty regular, can't have her spayed now I don't think as she is too close to a season, does that make sense?

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 03:59:47 PM »
Jinley was 13 months old before she had her first season and just 2 years old before her second after which she was spayed.  Can the vet offer a solution to delay her reason?

Offline valcam

« Reply #5 on: July 16, 2015, 04:25:55 PM »
Thank you for the reply Patp, Poppy is being spayed after this season, I may ask at the vets, she was so miserable during her first season had it not been for her phantom pregnancy she wouldn't have had to go through it again xx