Author Topic: Opinions on weight  (Read 1759 times)

Offline Finvarra

• Milo, best of dogs
    • Gaia Art
Re: Opinions on weight
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2017, 09:55:38 AM »
Just wanted to add that Dylan is 16 kilos, and is definitely slim. He is a big boy, there were only three in his litter so I guess he was well provided for  :005: equivalent of a tall person I suppose. Actual weight is not the guiding factor really, but the feel of the dog's body under your hands.

Many years ago I used to help runs show training club and had my hands on many different breeds. I remembered being shocked when I handled a Pekingese, they look so chubby, but there is a tiny little dog under all that hair!

Lesley and Dylan
Remembering All the dogs of my life, especially Milo

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2017, 10:41:30 AM »
I agree with everyone else he look just fine and very handsome  :luv:
I keep Ben on the slim side because of his back and my OH made me check with the vet because he thought he was too thin.  The vet said he was just perfect  :D

Offline Markr64

• Donator
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2017, 11:11:18 AM »
He looks in super shape and still very handsome. Ernest making him run around must help.

Offline Dimples

« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2017, 10:50:41 AM »
Morning All,

Its so long since I have been on here but love looking at all the photos :-)

Just noticed this thread. Robbie has had a weigh in today 15.5kg! He was advised to lose a couple of kilos. Vet said he could feel the ribs but with pressure and the waist line was not as indented as it should be (wasn't sure if he was talking about Robbie or me!)

Anyway I am for sure guilty of tit bits so today I have told my boy NO MORE!!!! Can see him starving is his dreams already ha ha .

Seriously though they are all different shapes and sizes and some need to fatten up and some need to lose. I think as long as you are on top of things and have the dogs health at heart. xx
Denise - lucky mum of gorgeous (and cheeky) Robbie xx

Now 9 years old

Offline JeffD

• TEAL
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2017, 12:06:00 PM »
Perfect, I wish Teal looked like that we have both grown fat over the winter
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly