Author Topic: Poor Poorly Poppy  (Read 34200 times)

Offline suki1964

• Site Member
  • Look mum - no legs :)
Re: Poor Poorly Poppy
« Reply #405 on: April 11, 2006, 06:59:11 PM »
At least you know what it is thats made her so poorly and hopefully with the new antibiotics she will come on leaps and bounds :) Good news is (from what Ive read) is that its not transmitted to humans so your children can help with the cuddles :)

The breeder must have told a few porkies me thinks >:D Its highly contagious within a litter :(

As for blaming yourself - dont. You are not the first person nor will you be the last who got their pup from someone who isnt reputable. But you have bought the pup into a loving caring home and are prepared to put in the work to make her a fit healthy pup and seeing as you have got this far Im sure you are also going to be putting the work in to give her the life she deserves.

Poppy is very lucky to have been found by you, hope all her litter mates have been as lucky :)

Caroline and Alfie

Offline Elisa

• Site Member
  • Double Trouble
« Reply #406 on: April 11, 2006, 07:39:51 PM »
I'm sure now it has been identified and she is started on the right antibiotics asap, she should start to perk up really quickly.

You'll soon be posting in the behaviour section with lots of these  :huh: :huh: :huh:

:005:

Hugs and kisses for her  :luv: xxx
Elisa, Bailey & Harvey  xxx

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #407 on: April 11, 2006, 07:46:22 PM »
I wonder how the rest of the pups are?

I do hope she doesn't have any lasting damage, and that the antibiotics don't knock her out again. She is such a lovely little darling.

She is lucky to have you.

Offline EmC

• Site Member
« Reply #408 on: April 11, 2006, 07:53:15 PM »

So glad to hear Poppy is on the mend.

Just lookes at her photos, she is absolutely beautifull love her eyebrows  :luv:

Emma and Jarvis

Offline Ben's mum

• Donator
« Reply #409 on: April 11, 2006, 08:41:51 PM »
Glad to hear Poppy is on the mend now, her photos are georgeous :luv: :luv:

It dosn't bear thinking about if she had not come home with you - where everything has been done to make sure she had the best treatment asap
she is a lucky girl to have you, we all make mistakes and get led by our heart instead of our head, but sometimes I think it happens like that for a reason - she was obviously meant just for you!!

enjoy the quiet time with poppy, before she starts causing cocker trouble :005:

Bens mum

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #410 on: April 11, 2006, 11:51:45 PM »
Agree with all thats been said. She was meant for you.

Sooo glad they identified the little beasties. I expect you've found loads of info yourself but if anyone is interested I found this www.vetmed.ucdavis.edu/msmp/protocols/id_cliffnotes/coccidia.htm.  It seems to be species specific (ie cats cant catch it from dogs and vice versa). Humans can get infected, but it is rare, and more common in tropical countries. It is also interesting to note that disinfectant doesn't seem to have much effect on the little blighters, so to be fair on the breeder (just to play devils advocate for a mo) if she didn't realise this was present and even normal disinfection wouldn't have had much effect, she wouldn't stand a chance of eradicating it would she? I'm not trying to defend her just thought it worth mentioning. Also thought you ought to know that disinfectant will not have worked in your house either....  :huh:

I have been following your agony every step of the way and know how awful it must have been and you shouldn't have had to go through all this  >:D. Your first puppy days  should have been filled with joy, and your house wrecked. Still I'm sure that it will all happen soon now that the right medication is on its way for that smashing little Poppy!  :luv:.

I still think the breeder should pay your vets bill though, at the very least -in spite of what i've just written  >:D  :005:
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #411 on: April 12, 2006, 12:38:16 AM »
 :D glad to hear you now know the cause of poor Poppy's illness and can get proper treatment, she should improve in leaps and bounds now! We still need updates, will check in 2morrow. Hope you have a good night Love Jann and Flo xx :luv:

Offline Tracey Jane

• Site Member
  • We're just silly about Milly
« Reply #412 on: April 12, 2006, 09:19:02 AM »
Morning Dood - pleased to hear that you finally know what's causing poor little Poppy to be ill.  At least now you know what you are dealing with which must be a relief. 

So come on Poppy you tell those nasty little parasites to remove themselves immediately  >:D

Hope she's ok today - keep the updates coming.

Offline honeysmun

• Site Member
« Reply #413 on: April 12, 2006, 12:11:45 PM »
Morning Dood,    So so glad to see sweet little Poppy :luv: on the way to getting better, she has a super mum in you( and the family of course) I'm sure that you will have many, many very happy cocker years together. I am a great believer in fate and I really do think you were just meant to have Poppy. lots of big hugs to you both
  Honey and Honeysmum.

Offline dorae

• Site Member
« Reply #414 on: April 12, 2006, 03:19:32 PM »
same as everyone else pleased to hear you no what the problem is and hope she will soon be a mischevious puppy soon

Offline bluegirl

• Site Member
    • www.millionhairsdoggrooming.co.uk
« Reply #415 on: April 12, 2006, 04:05:02 PM »
I'm really glad to hear that Poppy is on the mend. ;)
Karen, Penny, Logan, Phoebe and Bronte.

"Life is a series of dogs".    George Carlin

I was going to take over the world but got distracted by something sparkly.

Offline dood

• Site Member
« Reply #416 on: April 12, 2006, 04:49:49 PM »
Thank you all soooooo much for the support you have shown me and mine over the past week. Poppy is doing so well today she's been bounding around with the kids, tail wagging all the time! She's adorable  :angel: and getting a little bit bouncy and that's before she had her special medicine! Vet doesn't want to see her til next week(she was due tomorrow). So I think this thread should really be at a close -it's certainly not an appropriate title now!
I promiseto keep you updated, if you are still interested and I really do thank you all from the bottom of my heart -you're all wonderful  :-* :-* :-*
THANK YOU!!!!!!

Sam and Poppy xxx

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #417 on: April 12, 2006, 05:06:20 PM »
As requested I have now locked this thread.