Author Topic: Harmy's in Hospital  (Read 42375 times)

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
Re: Harmy's in Hospital
« Reply #15 on: October 13, 2006, 06:29:46 PM »
thank you all.

I've just got home and have been sat with Harmy for 2 hours..they truly are a lovely vets practice.... he's had over half a litre of fluid, but still no output. He had IV diuretic to try to kick the kidney into doin something just before I left. Basically if there's no output by tomorrow lunchtime then its not gonna happen.
He ate a third of a tin of science diet and enjoyed that, but hates havin a collar on...as they all do....and is gettting fed up with injections so had a bit of a cross face! But I left him sleeping so will go back first thing..unless I receive a call before :huh:

cant stop crying :'(

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.

Offline michelle123

• Site Member
« Reply #16 on: October 13, 2006, 06:32:26 PM »
Poor poor poor you.  My thoughts are with you.  Lots and lots of love to Harmy  :luv: :luv:

Offline Harriet

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: October 13, 2006, 06:33:46 PM »
My thoughts and prays are with you tonight {{{{{Hugs}}}}} & Kisses to Harmy  :-* :-*
Stay positive.........

xxx  :blink:

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: October 13, 2006, 06:58:57 PM »
Poor you and poor Harmy.
I hope that you get better news tomorrow.
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline ClareB

• Site Member
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2006, 07:39:26 PM »
So sorry to hear that Harmy's poorly.  Thinking of you and keeping everything crossed.   :-*
Clare, Milo & Mocha

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2006, 07:47:17 PM »
Will be thinking of poorly Harmy tonight.

Offline Silver Surfer (indiesnan)

• Site Member
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 08:07:42 PM »
Will be thinking of Hammy tonight  :luv:
* Barb & Nell * ~~He who claims he knows, knows nothing. He who claims nothing knows~~

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 08:40:17 PM »
 :'( really sorry to hear about poor little Harmy, will be thinking of you both tonight. :luv: Jann and Flo  :luv:

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 10:50:43 PM »
hope you get good news tomorrow, i feel so sad for you. we are all rooting for him
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.

Offline miche

• Site Member
    • http://mwcooling.co.uk
« Reply #24 on: October 13, 2006, 10:59:58 PM »
Oh no, I am thinking of both of you and really really hope tomorrow brings good news.
Love Michele, Mikey and Herbiexx

Penel

« Reply #25 on: October 13, 2006, 11:01:32 PM »
I am really sorry to read this and truly hope he picks up overnight. Big hugs to you.

Offline happydog

• Site Member
  • Run free, my Beautiful Bella 2005-2017
« Reply #26 on: October 13, 2006, 11:12:08 PM »
I've only just found this. So sorry to hear about poor Harmy. I know about renal failure in humans -but not in dogs I'm afraid. I know that people with  acute kidney failure can recover kidney function.  :-\ It depends on the cause. It sounds as though your vet is doing all they can. Fingers crossed for you and Harmy from me and gentle healing cocker (((hugs))) winging their way through cyberspace from Fern. I had a springer with liver failure so I do know how awful and helpless you are feeling at the moment. Get as many cocker hugs as you can  :luv: .
happydog

Whatever today brings, ensure that you make some good memories

Offline debbie321

• Site Member
« Reply #27 on: October 13, 2006, 11:20:13 PM »
So sorryt o hear about Harmy :-\ I have no personal experience of renal failure but there was a dog at work who was diagnosed with it at a very young age and he went on for years. I'll keep everything crossed for a positive outcome

I hope Harmy has the same outcome as the dog that Gill mentions.  ((hugs)) to you and I hope for good news tomorrow.

Offline dood

• Site Member
« Reply #28 on: October 13, 2006, 11:22:57 PM »
Only just caught up with this.  :luv: :luv: :luv: to you all.

Sam and Poppy xxx

Offline supaspaniel

• Site Member
« Reply #29 on: October 14, 2006, 11:46:38 AM »
hi

I've just spent an hour with Harmy this morning and he is quite bright, ate his breakfast because I was there and had a drink of water.
He has passed a huge amount of urine in the nite, which means the kidneys are doin something, but there is still too much 'stuff' in the output that shouldn't be there so the kidneys are not filtering ...yet....

Unfortunately the vets have narrowed everything down to a possible congenital problem, in which case, even tho the acuteness has subsided, it looks like he has chronic kidney failure, so I may only have my little huny for this week, unless they do start to filter again...but it is looking unlikely.They are preparing me for the worst.

Thank you all so much for your messages, it has been a huge comfort to know you all understand how I'm feeling. Before I found COL i didn't imagine anyone could love their spaniels as much as i do, but I now realise we are all a little crazy bout our cockers!

I think I'm about to have one of the worst weeks of my life, but I am very positive around Harmy and feel blessed to have had him in my life at all! :luv:

Zen Dog...he knows not where he is going, for the ocean will decide. Its not the destination....its the glory of the ride.