Author Topic: Limping  (Read 541 times)

Offline Bluelad

• Site Member
Limping
« on: February 20, 2008, 01:07:13 PM »
Hi,

Since we came back from our forestry walk on Sunday, Barney has developed a limp in one of his front legs/paw. We have given him a thorough check but cannot see anything to cause this and so think he has sprained it. Both he and our Springer were in competition for best action stunt hero during the walk, so I wouldn't be suprised if he has done this. He is on house rest at the moment, but how long would anybody recommend before taking him to be looked at if it doesn't clear. Whilst I wouldn't jeopardise the health of my dogs I'm always a bit reluctant to be rushing to the vet for minor knocks.

Offline PennyB

Re: Limping
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2008, 01:20:34 PM »
Rest him and see how he is after a day or so.

Wilf did the wall of death round the sitting room last night and ended up on 3 legs --- this morning he's fine (mind you he did have a rimadyl as I have them for 'as and when' for him anyway but its his back that's the problem). If he hadn't perked up in a day or so I would have gone to the vets tomorrow with him
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Bluelad

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2008, 03:25:20 PM »
Thanks for that. He certainly doesn't seem bothered by it and doesn't whinge when I've examined his leg or paw.........funnily enough it get's worse when he passes his food cupboard  ;)

Offline suzysu

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2008, 03:32:24 PM »
Aww sorry to hear about Barney  :'(  ..my Daisy has a bit of a problem at the mo too ..but like Barney it does'nt stop her eating treats  :005:

Hope he is feeling better tommorrow x
Sue, Georgie n Daisy x
   "I luv my girls"