Author Topic: Worming Tablets .......  (Read 6565 times)

Offline BabyB

Worming Tablets .......
« on: July 05, 2008, 04:19:45 PM »
......Mine normally have Pedigree Care Wormers, but P@H have stopped selling them, and I've noticed on the web that they're being discontinued.

So I gave my four a different brand this time - Johnsons tablets, and two of them have been sick (Dylan at my mum and dads) and Henry this morning when OH put him on our bed  :shades: when he went to have a sit down (in a small room reading a paper - yuk - men !!) and he heard Henry urge all on a new clean duvet cover (husband has washed it :005:).

But now I'm struggling to think of a wormer that won't make them poorly.  Pedigree was brilliant as it was like a flat oxo cube and they ate them no problem, and no sickeness afterwards.

Can anyone recommend one please ???  (they're all on dry food, so granuals won't work)

Ta
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Sian P

• Site Member
Re: Worming Tablets .......
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2008, 04:47:12 PM »
I have always used Milbemax without probs, i get mine from vet though so not sure where else you can get it.
Sian & Murphy x

Offline Spaniel Girl

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2008, 05:04:59 PM »
I also use Milbemax without any problems and also get mine from the vet, seem to think if I bought 3 then you got the 4th one free. Rupert  is due this month for his booster jabs will have to see if the offer is still on.

Offline MOO-MOO

• Smile for the camera Moo!
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2008, 05:58:18 PM »
I always use Milbemax tabs for Moo-Moo from the vets and Panacur granules for the girls, but Truda used to leave her food with them on so have opted for the Panacur paste for her now - straight down the hatch!!  :lol2:

Found Drontal too strong - but each dog has different constitutions.
Heather.
Enjoy your big running at Rainbow Bridge Truda with Chloe and Moo Moo 💕💕💕 xx

Offline tillyson

• i belive i can fly
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2008, 06:16:41 PM »
Drontal and no probs
chantelle & Tilly

Offline bibathediva

• Site Member
  • SMILE
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2008, 06:25:17 PM »

Milbemax for my 2..no problems with them at all...wouldnt use any off the shelf one..pedigree..johnsons...bob martins....had a bad experience with my cat with one of them  >:(

Offline Rats and Dogs

• Donator
  • My gorgeous Gari. 25/11/97 - 17/06/09
« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2008, 06:57:46 PM »
Milbemax here too, available from the vets. As long as you know your dog's weight you can get it without an appointment. :D
Fiona, Dougie & Tia x
Gari - My Angel at The Bridge

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2008, 09:31:42 PM »
I wouldn't touch anything off the shelf either.  Milbemax for my two as Drontal and Panacur made them boak ph34r
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline hollyd443

• Donator
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2008, 09:54:36 PM »
Milbemax for my two also  :D

Offline Cob-Web

• Inactive
  • To err is human, to forgive, canine
    • Walking on Wight Blog
« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2008, 10:01:13 PM »
Pet medicine is regulated in a similar way to human medicines; so there are some like Johnsons/Pedigree that can be bought "off the shelf", which are limited in the potency of their active ingredients, others (such as Drontal) which are available from pharmacies in secured cabinets (where the staff are trained to a higher standard (PAH have started stocking these)) and others still (Milbemax) that require a prescription from a vet to be dispensed (there was a website that was importing Milbemax into the UK without prescription, but I'm not sure if it is still available)  :D

Like human medicine, the over-the-counter stuff may not always be "man enough" to do the job (and might lead to unexpected side effects)  :-\  Vets tend to have their own preferences as to which ones they prescribe  ;)
Enrich your life with an Oldie!
Oldies Club

Offline heelers n cockers

• Site Member
  • Freddy Flashback-BIS Colne Valley '09 & RBIS '10
    • Moonwillow Cocker Spaniels
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2008, 10:18:17 PM »
Drontal user here, Patrick thinks they're fab and mugged me for his dose  ph34r :005: Freddy went 'i'm not eating that' and had to have them hand fed  :005: Marley poopie's owner gives him over-the-counter stuff, which makes him off colour, so she gives him another dose  ph34r
Cocker Spaniels leave their pawprints on your heart......
Lancashire Heelers however.....leave their teethmarks on your trousers!

Champagne for my real friends...Real pain for my sham friends....

http://moonwillowcockerspaniels.piczo.com

Offline Pip and Co

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2008, 10:30:32 PM »
We started using Drontal but it always made Pip sick within 5 mins so moved onto Panacur. Have just bought 'Panacur Favourites' from the web, Pip begged and gave me a paw for it! It's a treat style tablet and she loved it (she is quite a dope though :005:)!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2008, 11:14:39 PM »
We started using Drontal but it always made Pip sick within 5 mins so moved onto Panacur. Have just bought 'Panacur Favourites' from the web, Pip begged and gave me a paw for it! It's a treat style tablet and she loved it (she is quite a dope though :005:)!

Jarv was the same with Drontal, is fine with Panacur  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2008, 11:15:54 PM »
All fine with Drontal here. I certainly wouldnt buy anything not from a vets.

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.