Author Topic: Can I talk about poo?????  (Read 915 times)

Offline LindyLou

Can I talk about poo?????
« on: September 01, 2008, 01:04:11 PM »
I know it's not the most desirable topic, but what would you describe a healthy poo too look like? ph34r

Mine just seem to change constantly -(not mine mine! the poo of my dogs!)

Sometimes, they are very pale with white areas and almost chalky, then other times they will be dark and firm and lastly, and this is why i ask, pale brown but with globs of mucus (so sorry to be so graphic) :shades:

Baxter and Cleo do have a barf/cooked food diet, so it is the change in foodstuffs? Are there certain foods that would cause the mucus in their stools?
Any advice?
Linda & Baxter

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
Re: Can I talk about poo?????
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2008, 01:09:04 PM »
it will be totally related to diet - from my constant poo evaluation here  I can tell you that pale chalky poo usually has a high bone content and usually is from after eating chicken wings & really small dark poo is after digesting tripe, and the 'turnaround' is usually 12 hours so you can pinpoint what food affects your dog quite easily  :005:

I would see what is causing the ones with mucous in them as maybe they're not tolerating that meal so well  ;)
helen & jarvis x

Offline joanne_v

• Site Member
  • Team Edward
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2008, 01:38:59 PM »
Mine vary exactly like yours do. The occasional mucousy one comes from Arwen as she gets an upset tummy easily

Mum to cockers Lily, Lance and Krumble and lurchers Arwen and Lyra. Hooman sister to Pepper, 13.

Offline lopey99

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2008, 01:40:21 PM »
same with cassie too, poos change and i find when we're out walking and she's running around like a loon they are verrrrry soft and difficult to pick up - think she does this on purpose. Cassie is very fond of peppers but only red ones and i dont know how many times i've freaked out thinking there is blood in her poo only to remember its pepper.

On occassions we do get the mucus one too, i dont know if its anything to worry about but she seems fine when she does them

Poo talk is quite common in our house  :005:

Offline LindyLou

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2008, 06:04:43 PM »
Thanks for your comments. I think I will keep a little food diary so I can see what the pattern is!
Linda & Baxter

Offline Ali77

• Site Member
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2008, 09:21:16 PM »
Since having children we discuss poo constantly and now we have Lottie and are constantly picking it up we discuss it at length.

Since Lottie's OP we have had the odd mucousy poo, I did google it and wish I hadn't but am definitely inclined to agree that its diet related and stress related.

HTH
Ali