Author Topic: Wilf and Ruby update re glaucoma  (Read 6059 times)

Offline louisedi

Re: Wilf and Ruby update re glaucoma
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2008, 09:19:27 PM »
Glad op went well, it was for the best, she will soon be back to normal.

Louise & Harbethol gang

Offline BabyB

« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2008, 09:26:45 PM »
It's surprising how quick they adapt, and she'll be feeling so much better in herself with the pain gone.
Hugs to you and Ruby (and not forgetting Wilf) :-* :luv:
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2008, 09:56:58 PM »
Oh Penny, I am so sorry. I hadn't realised she was having her op today.

I am sure that once she is over it all, and you have got used to the new Ruby, you will be pleased that you went ahead with it when you did. But I am still sorry it had to be.

She is at least going to be free of the pain now. And I guess she may have had some distorted vision for a while. That must have been very confusing for her.

Give her a little squidge from us.

Offline PennyB

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2008, 10:04:04 PM »
Poor love is sitting in her crate whimpering now, but I don't thinks she's in that much pain as she will eat stuff if you offer it her
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2008, 10:31:35 PM »
oh goD penny, didn't realise it was happening so soon - huge hugs to you and Ruby  :-* :-* :-*

I don't think she'd be in much pain at the mo - the whimpering etc will be GA wearing off.  I hope she'll be feeling better in the morning. 

I know this is for the best, and she will cope brilliantly as she is feisty and strong, but I also know how dreadful I would feel if this were to happen to Jarv - so sending many hugs and strong thoughts to you both.

She will feel so much better in a few days and will be as beautiful as ever I'm sure  :luv: :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2008, 10:32:50 PM »
Oh Penny, I am so sorry. I hadn't realised she was having her op today.

I am sure that once she is over it all, and you have got used to the new Ruby, you will be pleased that you went ahead with it when you did. But I am still sorry it had to be.

She is at least going to be free of the pain now. And I guess she may have had some distorted vision for a while. That must have been very confusing for her.

Give her a little squidge from us.

Wot she said ;)

Get well soon Ruby.  :-* :-*
Julie and Watson

Offline PennyB

« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2008, 10:38:58 PM »

Mind you while I was up here on the computer there was a noise as Ruby had escaped from the crate and I found her in the kitchen stood over her dog bowl wagging her tail  :005:

Pix of her are here but haven't actually put them on this thread as some may not want to see them

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v17/PennyB/Ruby_eye%20op
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2008, 10:40:04 PM »
Hope Ruby makes a speedy recovery from her op, Penny. I'm sure she will be back to normal very quickly - she's a tough little girl ;) We had a Fox Terrier when I was growing up who had his eye removed (due to injury) and you'd never know it from his behaviour afterwards - dogs are amazing for just accepting what is and getting on with things :D
Jane

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2008, 10:43:25 PM »
Pix of her are here but haven't actually put them on this thread as some may not want to see them

Aawww  :'( Bless her, that does look sore but I am sure she will be back to herself in no time.  ;)  Animals do seem to bounce back from these things far better than we do.  :D  What will you do with the eye socket Penny - will it just be stitched together permanently?  :-\
Julie and Watson

Offline PennyB

« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2008, 10:46:01 PM »

Aawww  :'( Bless her, that does look sore but I am sure she will be back to herself in no time.  ;)  Animals do seem to bounce back from these things far better than we do.  :D  What will you do with the eye socket Penny - will it just be stitched together permanently?  :-\

I assume so, then we just wait till her fur grows over it --- Wilf has a rectangular piece missing out of his ear and you would'nt know most of the time. Steve said I can take Ruby to groomers in about 4 weeks
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline AnnieG

• Site Member
« Reply #40 on: October 02, 2008, 01:02:59 AM »
Sorry Penny - just caught up with the fact that the op. has happened.  She's still beautiful and will be even lovelier when she's painfree, out of her crate and wreaking her normal brand of havoc.   :luv: :luv: Really admire you for having got on and done it.  Ruby says there's no hurry to get to the groomers, thank you muchly.  ::)
love to you all
SCAM  :luv:

Offline Heatherb88uk

« Reply #41 on: October 02, 2008, 08:23:40 AM »
Sending all good wishes for a speedy recovery to Ruby and extra strength to you to cope with all the trauma involved for you.  She is a lovely girl and will be loved all the more for being brave.  Hugs to you all, Heather xxx

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #42 on: October 02, 2008, 09:30:52 AM »
just peeked at the pics, she looks fab, and it looks a very neat and tidy job  :luv: :luv: :luv:

how's she doing today  :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #43 on: October 02, 2008, 09:38:03 AM »
I agree, very tidy looking and good that she will now be pain free. :luv: :luv:

I trim a cocker that has a labrador companion that had an eye removed and she gets around just fine. I'm sure Ruby will be just the same.

Hugs all round  :-* :-*

Offline ladylola

• Donator
« Reply #44 on: October 02, 2008, 10:02:02 AM »
She still looks beautiful, She will feel much better free from pain.  It is surprising how quickly they get used to having one eye. I don't think it will affect her and she will still do the same things she did before.
Julie. Owned by Sasha, Ellie, Monty, Paisley, Louie & Molly
One just isn't enough.