Author Topic: Wilf and Ruby update re glaucoma  (Read 6124 times)

Offline MacTavish Boys

• Site Member
Re: Wilf and Ruby update re glaucoma
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2008, 10:25:10 AM »
Glad to hear that Ruby's op went well, Healing hugs to Ruby and hugs to you as well  :luv: :luv: :-*
George'n' Hamish's Mum

Offline PennyB

« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2008, 10:26:30 AM »
Well she stayed in her crate all night after she'd somehow sneaked up on the chair and the only way she could work out to get off was to fall on her face :o

This morning I took bucket off as Steve suggested to while I was there anyway, plus she refuses to eat, drink go to loo with it on, so then she goes racing through the catflap at speed  :o then back again then eats, then has a chewy thing, takes her tablets (x2 antiobios at once + rimadyl) and her eye drops bribed with numerous treats, then tries to rearrange her bed in the crate then decides to rub her eye all over the bedding in the crate :o --- hence the bucket is back on 20 min later and she's sulking again! I see vet again tomorrow.
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline SimonandMandy

« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2008, 10:37:33 AM »
Fab news that Ruby is doing so well given what she has been through, its sounding really promising and hope that Ruby continues to adapt and live life to the full.

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2008, 10:44:37 AM »
Naughty Ruby, you're giving your mummy the run around. Still better that Penny than being listless.  :D

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2008, 03:31:34 PM »
Sounds like she is doing really well!  :005:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2008, 03:37:13 PM »
Well she stayed in her crate all night after she'd somehow sneaked up on the chair and the only way she could work out to get off was to fall on her face :o

This morning I took bucket off as Steve suggested to while I was there anyway, plus she refuses to eat, drink go to loo with it on, so then she goes racing through the catflap at speed  :o then back again then eats, then has a chewy thing, takes her tablets (x2 antiobios at once + rimadyl) and her eye drops bribed with numerous treats, then tries to rearrange her bed in the crate then decides to rub her eye all over the bedding in the crate :o --- hence the bucket is back on 20 min later and she's sulking again! I see vet again tomorrow.

oh bless her, from the sounds of it Penny she's feeling better already  :005: :luv: :luv: :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline BabyB

« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2008, 04:33:50 PM »
She looks lovely in her pics  :-* and from the sound if it, she's not bothered at all if she can race through the catflap at high speed :005:
Mummy loves her angels - but they're not angels all the time - They love to chew and charge about - but mummy doesn't mind

Offline PennyB

« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2008, 04:36:01 PM »
Mind you she's in sulk mode big time and refuses to budge at the moment as she hates the bucket so much but its tough as the vet said its a small price to pay really
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline jann

• Site Member
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2008, 07:04:45 PM »
I only just caught up with this today Penny as I didn't realise it would happen so soon. You've definitely done the right thing for Ruby bless her, and she still looks as beautiful as ever  :luv:
Hope her recovery is speedy , she'll be back to normal before you know it  :luv:

Offline amanda.seal

• Marley Moo
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2008, 08:07:51 PM »
I'm happy its over for you and you can start concentrating on Ruby getting well now :D She looks beautiful but very fed up :luv: I hope she makes a good recovery so she can have the bucket off soon bless her.{{{BIG HUGS}}} for you both

Offline Mary P

• Site Member
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2008, 10:19:08 PM »
It looks really neat Penny, and not half as swollen as Tia's eye was post op!
Well done for making the right decision, and let's hope it heals quickly. She'll soon learn how to get off the sofa without falling off on her face ::)
x
Mary P

Please help me raise £1000 for MAGGIE'S CENTRES
Thanks!

www.justgiving.com/Mary-Cuba2015

I NEED YOUR HELP, PLEASE DONATE!!! PLEASE ASK OTHERS TO DONATE!!!

Offline PennyB

« Reply #56 on: October 03, 2008, 09:33:14 AM »
It looks really neat Penny, and not half as swollen as Tia's eye was post op!

Its got bigger since and fuller with blood, and while I was attempting to put in eye drops earlier in the other eye she had the bucket off for 5 min and collided, not very hard though, with Wilf (when she was passing him) and it started bleeding a little again. It doesn't seem so bad as to warretn nipping to the vets straight away but have an appointment later
Friends of Hailey Park

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #57 on: October 03, 2008, 10:05:58 AM »
Aw Penny. I can't imagine how awful I would feel seeing Buddy like that, but in a detached position it, even now, looks better than the photo you posted just before the op. Her eye looked so very sore.

Once all the "mucky" stuff has gone, and the hair is all grown back she will be as beautiful as ever. She is a very feisty lady though isn't she? Sulking is so much better than being in pain!

Lots of love to you both!

Offline Magic Star

• Site Member
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2008, 10:07:33 AM »
Sorry only just caught this, just wanted to send lots of love to Ruby, hope shes doing well :luv:

Offline PennyB

« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2008, 04:26:30 PM »
This is what Roobs thinks of me taking pix of her  :005:

Took little madam with me on saturday to fundraise --- it was either not go at all or leave her in the crate in the car, Ruby did neither. She charmed everyone and was basically as a cocker should be, norty and cheeky and wanting cuddles all the time :luv: Even funnier was when she tried to steal the end of the coffee and got her snozzle stuck in the cup and was standing there with a polystyrene cup for a nose as couldn't get it off as she had the bucket on (it was a bit like an audition for a comedy act)
Friends of Hailey Park