Author Topic: Does neutering stop a dog cocking his leg?  (Read 6058 times)

Offline JANE D

• Site Member
Does neutering stop a dog cocking his leg?
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2004, 01:12:27 PM »
Charlie has just started cocking his leg this wek. He is almost 11months old and not neutered. He looks so funny as he still bends his knees as if to squat then up comes his leg. Don't think he's really mastered it yet :?                    

ziggy

« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2004, 09:26:43 PM »
laughed when dog2described cocked his leg like a ballerina,,my jasper is 3 and still wee,s like agirl,,mind you he did have a problem lifting his leg,,he just had an operation,for a new knee,,that,s why he can,t wee like a soprano,,xx :lol:                    

Offline Laura

• Site Member
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2004, 10:05:32 AM »
Brogan is a definite leg cocker - started the day he hit 9 months old.  He is booked to be neutered 20th so will see what happens with him first hand!   :roll:

My friends dog is neutered and he still cocks and marks areas.  I don't hold out much hope of Brogan stopping.  Saves the grass in the garden though now - the shrubs take the brunt of it instead!! :lol:                    
Laura x

Run free together boys. Missing you both xx
Bailey  29/04/04 - 16/03/11
Brogan 29/07/03 - 22/10/09

Offline Michele

• Site Member
« Reply #18 on: July 12, 2004, 05:32:19 PM »
Otis  8)  first cocked his leg at about 8 months old, and is still doing so after his castration 7 weeks ago, although he too sometimes does the squat, rising up & then cocking his leg, but he did this before as well.
 :D
One thing that has definitely changed though is when he was entire he always used to cover where the girls had wee'd with a splash of his own. He doesn't do this anymore, so his hormone level is obviously diminishing  :wink: