Author Topic: Could she be coming into season or having a silent one?  (Read 487 times)

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
Could she be coming into season or having a silent one?
« on: February 18, 2009, 07:47:20 PM »
Brie is 7mths old and has been licking her bits alot the last few days. I havnt seen any discharge or blood but the amount shes licking im not surprised. I thought she might be about to come into season and have been keeping an eye on her but her bits are not swollen neither are her nipples. Shes being very clingy with us and a little out of sorts. I had her out today and a few dogs showed a huge interest in her (nearly every dog and bitch sniffing her and one dog tried to mount her).
How would i know if she was having a silent season  :huh:
I really dont want to be irresponsible and have her out if shes in season and i dont know it but i also dont want to keep her away from dog walking areas and on lead for nothing  :-\
Any ideas how i could tell if shes having a silent season or about to have a season?

Offline JaspersMum

• Donator
Re: Could she be coming into season or having a silent one?
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2009, 07:52:34 PM »
The vet told us Heidi must of had a silent season after showing all the signs of coming in over christmas and then nothing happened and swelling went down ......

until Sunday before last when she started  ::) just when we thought we were ok to start booking shows and relax..  we're now at Hussy-tart stage.

Think it's not un-common to stop-start, but I am no expert

Jenny - owned by Jasper, Ellie, Heidi, Louie & Charlie

Offline spanielcrazy

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2009, 11:55:46 PM »
She may be cleaning herself so well you don't see the blood. As mentioned in the other thread, wipe her bits with a white tissue and check that. She may also be just starting but hasn't started to bleed yet. Some bitches don't necessarily get a big swelling or nipples on their first season either.

Think it's not un-common to stop-start, but I am no expert

Called a split heat, don't see it often but not all that uncommon either. Makes things a real pain  >:( :005:
The madhouse: Michelle, Joy, Jordie, Gizmo, Bracken, Jewel

"My darlings,I love you more than life itself, but you're all ****ing mad!"  Ozzy Osbourne

Offline Crazy Cocker Gang

• Donator
  • Jack, Flynn, Brie and baby seth xx
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2009, 12:49:30 AM »
I know this will sound silly but i dont want my baby having a season so young  :'(
OH is over the moon as he thinks if she comes in 6 monthly from now it will fit in brilliantly round the shooting season  ::)
I have tried explaining to him she might not come into season every 6mths.
Give me dogs anyday  :005: