Author Topic: Might lose my 9 week old boy.... devastating weekend.... can you help me?  (Read 40042 times)

Offline stuffster

• Luna
Francesca, Im so so sorry to hear what you are going through - you must be worried sick.

I really hope you have some better news today - fingers crossed & gentle cuddles for Pepper.  :luv:

PURDEY AND LUNA <3

Offline GillSarge

• Harley, Chester, Flint & Benson
So sorry to hear of little Peppers situation, and yours.  I have no advice, but agree with what previous posts have said.  I hope it works out well for you both, and wish you all the luck in the world at this very difficult time. I'll be thinking of you both.

Gill

Offline cbaker023

• Site Member
I'm so sorry to hear what you and pepper are going through,i remember you asking about him sleeping at night and its awful to hear he's not his usual self.

I hope you have better news today and that Pepper gets better, lots of gentle hugs for pepper. I dont have any advice about the financial side but agree with what others have said about the breeder.

Try and get some sleep, i know its very difficult.
xx

Offline maemaesmummy

• Mummy to Amber
 :o :'( Really not sure what to say..... we are all thinking of you both xx
Cassie Run Free Sweetie... I Miss You xxx

Offline Annie's Mum

• Donator
  • Annie Cocker & Maisie Cav
So very sorry to read this and I so hope that Pepper pulls through  :luv: :luv: :luv:

I hope you can also discuss this with your breeder along with your vet - what niggles me is that if this is a congenital condition and he's had it from birth why wasn't it picked up a bit earlier by the breeders vet?

everything crossed for pepper  :-*

I thought this as pups are health checked by vets when with the breeders. I hope all goes well and love from me and my two
Sarah owned by Maisie & Annie

Offline Mrs JT

So so sorry to hear of this situation.  hope things improve and you hear some positive news soon

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
Oh I am so, so sorry to hear this, poor Pepper and poor you, all my heartfelt good wishes and positive thoughts are with you.  :luv:

As many of the others have said, the breeder is morally responsible to help you with this sad situation.  I find it hard to believe that the breeders vet didn't pick this up but at the end of the day it is the breeders responsibility to help you in every way possible.

I know that you have Peppers wellbeing to think of more than anything just now but please check this;-

Did the Breeder have Pepper Vet Checked before you brought him home?  As this an expected requirement.

I would expect the Breeder to put the money you paid for Pepper towards his treatment.

Keeping fingers and toes crossed for Pepper.  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Jane S

• Administrator
I thought this as pups are health checked by vets when with the breeders. I hope all goes well and love from me and my two

Vet checks at 7-8 weeks won't necessarily pick up everything as some congenital defects only become obvious as the puppy grows, as is perhaps the case here. Such a shame that the breeder used these 12 week cover notes - we were sent these by the company concerned but have stuck to Petplan as cover starts immediately the puppy leaves us (even if it is only for 6 weeks)
Jane

Offline Heatherb88uk

Sending hugs and cuddles to you and Pepper, hopefully you hear better news today about your baby.  Lots of positive thoughts being  sent love Heather xxx

Offline tigs71

• Evie's Cake Design
Hugs for you and Pepper - I cannot begin to imagine how you must feel.  I will be thinking of you today and hoping you get some positive news today  :luv:
Elaine & Mason X

Offline seaangler

So sorry to hear of pepper..Fingers cross there comes a sulution...To the out come

But the advice Jane s has given seems so logical it has to be referred back to the breeder and to the insurance  (legislation such as the Sale of Goods Act does include the sale of puppies) as to the insurance the pup was still insured (AT the time)The way i see it...And they should deal with it....

Our Cindy (Golden retriever) was in insured with the kennel club when she developed a problem in the 12th day of her cooling off perioud....She was insured with (More than) after the fourteenth day but they would not have taken it on as it was on going at the time...Under the kennel club insurence...That the bredeer had for our pup at the time....

I am sorry...But if the pup was brought in to the vets be for the insurance was was dew to elapse any treatment after should still remain responsible under the breeders insurance..If i am right in saying so....

This happen some eight years ago and things mite have change in the mean time...I do stand to be corected if i am wrong in saying so.....

Gemma..Cindy And peggy

Offline claire42

Sending lots of love to you and to your little baby :luv: :luv: Spencer and I will have everything crossed for some good news. Take care xx

Offline Maria n Dennis

• Donator
fingers crossed for him , i do hope something can be done for him  :luv:

also hopes the breeder helps you out , i feel they should .

Offline Francesca

• Pepper

Vet checks at 7-8 weeks won't necessarily pick up everything as some congenital defects only become obvious as the puppy grows, as is perhaps the case here.

I did question the vet on this - whether it should have been picked up by the breeder's vet. It's such an uncommon problem in a puppy, that the vet said that there would be no reason- and almost no way in such a tiny pup - to notice this problem. It would only be apparent once the pup had been urinating into its skin for quite a few weeks, which is when the bulge under his tummy appeared....

Offline barb

• Site Member
  • Come Dancing!
So sorry to hear about poor little Pepper, I can only send our best wishes and say we're thinking of you and your precious boy  :'( :'(
Try to be strong for your boy, there's been lots of good advice here.
 Take care Barb and Pippa  :luv: :luv:

Tip-toeing through the tulips!
Barb and Pippa