Author Topic: Might lose my 9 week old boy.... devastating weekend.... can you help me?  (Read 40041 times)

Offline White Bryony

• Site Member
  • Woofie 5.5.1999 - 29.4.13
Just logged in for my daily update - how is likkle Pepper today?

Lisa, Maddie and Woofie (now at the bridge) xx

Offline cdpops

• Site Member
I have just come back form my hols, so missed all this. I am so so pleased that pepper is ok. and back at home with his mum. 

Offline Katrina+Hector

We are so pleased to hear the news all our love  :luv: :luv:

Offline JackieD

• Site Member
Have just had to read through all 45 pages  :o :o :o my goodness what a roller coaster, we have been "unplugged" due to "alterations to our bungalow, so I have only just found this thread, thank goodness you have both come through it all, I am so sorry I wasn't there to add my support, that will be rectified from now on, we will be looking everyday to see how Pepper (and you) are doing.
Well done you for remaining "sane" during all the worry, I doubt I would have done  :luv: :luv: :luv:
Big cocker hugs n kisses from here too  :-* :-* :-* am off now to find the piccies  ;)

Offline Francesca

• Pepper
A whole day away from COL and I've been suffering withdrawal symptoms...

Took Pepper down to see my parents in Surrey today after his check up at the vets. The operation site had got a little closed up so it had to be re-opened a little (made my toes curl to watch) and the infection hasn't gone down as well as it should have so his antibiotics have been extended. Nothing to panic about, the vet said, just needs monitoring and hopefully he won't have to have it operated on again. So my fingers are still crossed for the little lad.

He was very cross with me afterwards so took advantage of his sulkiness and popped him in the car for the drive down to my folk's place. He had a brilliant day being totally spoilt by them and acting like a toddler showing off - I have never seen so much barking and trouser biting! We just got back and he's snoring away on his bed at the moment.

So things trundling along OK for Pepper-pot at the moment. I think I'll relax more once he's had another follow up next Saturday and has the OK again - by then the wound should be on its way to being healed and the swelling should have gone, and we'll know he's gonna be OK.

I realised how much he has developed over the last week away from home - his tail is long, his face is 'older' and he's far more coordinated on his legs. It's scary how quickly they grow up.... He is also in dire need of getting some more exercise soon as his excess energy is turning into too much playing with his mouth and biting clothes. He has his last vaccination next Saturday at the check up, so I can't wait to get him out and about and channel some of this energy!

I started doing some more training with him yesterday - he can sit already, knows "off" and comes to his name reliably - so I started a retrieve which he's picked up very quickly. Perhaps I'll do some more like this to exercise the mind....

What he really needs is a good COL meet so I can't wait until the Essex one in a couple of weeks! Hooray!

Francesa, I'm so glad that Pepper is doing well but on a slightly different note I wanted to say how much I enjoyed reading your posts - you have a lovely way of writing.

Thanks SJP. The clarity comes from the depth of feeling I guess. Like a stream of consciousness. If only I felt so passionately about the prose I have to produce for my job...*sigh*

Will keep updating until I hear cries of "No More!" from you die hard COLlers who are still hanging in there. Pepper sends his love and promises to pose for more photos tomorrow. Quite frankly, I think this media attention is going to his head....... ;)

Offline vikki.k

• My gorgeous boys
Pleased to hear all is well in the land of Pepper!

Been checking back all day to see how things are! Pleased you both had a great time with your parents.

Offline Michele

• Site Member
Will keep updating until I hear cries of "No More!" from you die hard COLlers who are still hanging in there. Pepper sends his love and promises to pose for more photos tomorrow. Quite frankly, I think this media attention is going to his head....... ;)

I think there are plenty of us who want to hear Pepper's progress, me included, but can I suggest I lock this thread now as its getting rather long  ;) and the title is no longer appropriate :shades:, and then you could start a new one. :D