Author Topic: Alfie "being done" on tues  (Read 357 times)

Offline sswriver

• Alfie
Alfie "being done" on tues
« on: February 24, 2012, 11:40:13 AM »
Hi

Can anyone give advise on what to put on Alfie when he comes home to stop him licking? He always sleeps in his crate at night and so if the vet gives us a cone he wont fit in his crate . I don't want to just leave him in the kitchen as I feel he may never go back in his crate once he gets rid of the cone

Help!!
Susan

Offline black taz

Re: Alfie "being done" on tues
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2012, 01:00:41 PM »
baby grow or small t-shirt - legs through the arm holes and fix the waist around his chest

to be honest, Taz never gave his wound a second though, and was back to his normal self the very next morning.

Offline ollie nathan's mum

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2012, 01:43:07 PM »
I didn't put anything on Ollie as he hadn't taken any notice of his bits.
Ollie D.O.B 29/03/2010

Offline cangrejo

• Charlie & Dexter, my beautiful boys xx
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2012, 06:40:49 PM »
Mine hated the cone and got quite stressed in it. I used a onsey (sleeveless baby grow) or small t-shirt at night like Black Taz suggests. During the day I kept an eye out and if they showed interest stopped them.
Rosie, Charlie & Dexter xxx
Charlie 31/12/09
Dexter 17/06/11

Offline Catie74

« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2012, 09:13:39 PM »
Archie's cone caused more distress to him than it was worth and he was still able to lick anyway.  I took the come off and we were all much happier, including the bruises on my legs.  I contacted the vet and said he was licking with it on so saw no point she just told me to make sure the stitches and wound were clean and if I noticed any sign of infection to bring him back.  he was absolutely fine and back to his usual self the next morning.  To be honest, the biggest trauma for him as far as he was concerned was not getting any breakfast on the day of the op.  My boy likes his food  :005: