Author Topic: Bit of COL magic please... Update pg 6  (Read 6133 times)

Offline MaggieR

• Donator
Re: Bit of COL magic please...
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2012, 03:02:50 PM »
Well that all happened a bit quicker than I was expecting.... call from the other surgery this morning and dropped Maggie off for an ultrasound at lunchtime today.   One shaved belly (Wendy.... might need a bit of magic blending in in a few weeks!)  later and the good news is that he found no abnormal growths to worry about.  Her liver is smaller than he would expect tho, and that could be down to a number of things, worst being a chronic hepatitis type problem... but also possibly just genetic.  He is going to speak to my normal vet and discuss his findings with all the blood results to define a plan - but he thinks it will be a case of putting her on some liver support medication and rerunning bloods and scan in 6-8 weeks, possibly taking a biopsy of her liver if the bloods indicate a continuing decline inspite of the medication.
So will wait to hear from my vet and then I suspect it will be a waiting game again.  Thanks again for your support.... Maggie would say thanks but she's crashed out after being tranquilised with ACP? so they could do the scan  :luv:
Lisa & Maggie x

One reason a dog can be such a comfort when you're feeling blue is that he doesn't try to find out why.  ~Author Unknown

Offline Holly Berry

• Donator
  • Today I’m going to be a b****r
Re: Bit of COL magic please... Update pg 6
« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2012, 03:09:34 PM »
I've only just read about Maggie. Hopefully the vet's diagnosis and treatment will get her sorted out.

They are such a worry aren't they  :luv:

Sending you both lots of  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Rosie Cassie Lucy Poppy and Holly My Angels at the Bridge

Offline Bluebell

• Limited Member
« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2012, 03:13:48 PM »
Glad Maggie is home with her mum  :luv:  Paws crossed your vet will get her sorted asap!  ;)

Offline lindseyp

• Donator
« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2012, 03:21:21 PM »
Thank doG for that   :happydance:

so, so pleased the scanned showed now nasty growths or serious abnormalities with Maggies liver bless her & hope the meds do the trick in sorting out the irregular blood test reults  :luv:
So pleased they told you the results straight away too Lisa & not leave you hanging around for the results   :021:

P.S.  ...you haven't been leaving your Crabbies around & Maggie having a crafty slurp now & then have you?  :005: :015:
If your dog thinks you're the best.....don't seek a second opinion!!

Offline Megan Ffion

• Megan Ffion
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2012, 03:22:25 PM »

Sending positive and healing thoughts for Maggie.

Gwyneth
Remembering Our Sweet Megan

Offline coopersmum

« Reply #80 on: July 10, 2012, 04:00:45 PM »
Just want you to know that all fingers,paws and hooves crossed here that this is just a transient problem with her liver and that the ultrasound comes back clear:)   Its so difficult to not know what's wrong or how serious it is. Hope you get an appointment soon, the waiting is awful. I'm sure it'll be good news :) Cooper sends wags and woofs :)

Offline coopersmum

« Reply #81 on: July 10, 2012, 04:23:05 PM »
Sorry, somehow I missed your last post :) We in Africa are always a step behind :D So glad they didn't find anything sinister on Maggie's ultrasound :) The hair takes a little while to regrow and they look a bit odd for a while :)

Offline Ninasmum

• Limited Member
« Reply #82 on: July 10, 2012, 07:20:58 PM »
Thanks for the update Lisa  :shades:
My wish for Maggie would be that its just her shaved belly that needs to regrow  :luv:  :003:
So pleased to hear she hasn't any nasty tumours & i hope the vet can shed some more light on a diagnose for her  :shades: :bigarmhug:
Lots of caring cuddles & positive thoughts from all of us  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Nina, Jo Jo, Georgia & Alfie

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #83 on: July 10, 2012, 07:24:06 PM »
So glad that Maggie is home sending loads of love and little cocker  :-* :-* :-* to you both  :luv: :luv: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline Poppypuppy09

• Donator
« Reply #84 on: July 10, 2012, 07:35:31 PM »
Awww thats great news that there are no nasties hun and we are keeping paws crossed here the vet can get cuz Magster all sorted  :luv: :luv: :luv:

Offline janandted

• Donator
« Reply #85 on: July 10, 2012, 07:35:37 PM »
Oh that's great news  :banana: so pleased it is nothing sinister and hopefully will only need close monitoring  :-*  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:  from Mollie and me  :-*

Offline LottieLu

• Maisie ♡
    • Working Glass Jewellery
« Reply #86 on: July 10, 2012, 08:23:23 PM »
Bless her  :luv:, give her a squidge from me, and a big one of these for you  :bigarmhug:

Offline ejp

• Donator
« Reply #87 on: July 10, 2012, 08:36:35 PM »
That's a big scary thought dealt with then, it's always the elepahnt in the room.  Glad you heard back so quickly.  Hope Maggies tummy fur regrows soon  :bigarmhug:

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #88 on: July 10, 2012, 08:43:26 PM »
Great news and glad to hear that it might be manageable.  I think in the 9 short months I have had Jinley I think I have worried about her more than I did for all 3 of my children.  If you ask my children they say I have!!

Sending lots of  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: and  :luv: :luv:

Pat and Jinley

Offline lisalh

• Donator
  • Fred
« Reply #89 on: July 10, 2012, 08:44:17 PM »
Gentle squidges to you both- glad there were no nasties but sorry there wasnt a definitive answer. So glad she is home with you where she belongs xx  PS Fred has been shaved god knows how many times and it is surprising how quickly it grows back so hopefully it wont be long til she is back to her 'usual' self xx
The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog.  ~Ambrose Bierce