Author Topic: Please think positive thoughts for William - UPDATE page 5 - he's home  (Read 6381 times)

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
My lovely boy will be having a general anaesthetic tomorrow afternoon so that opthalmologist Kate can do a procedure to both top eyelids because his eyelashes have started to turn downwards and irritate his eyes. The right eye has become very uncomfortable for him and although the left isn't as bad at the moment it will need doing at some point in the near future so it makes sense to have both done tomorrow.

While he's anaesthetised he's also going to have 2 back molars removed and have his teeth cleaned. When I was having a good look in his mouth recently I was horrified to see 2 cavities. No wonder his breath is so evil at the moment :020:. He's always had a good diet, although his raw food diet includes some fruit so he gets some sugar through that, but it's not like he's been fed anything with refined sugar in it. I guess that some dogs, like some people, are more inclined towards tooth decay.

Louis will be going to stay with rubydoo and her family for a couple of days because he's always trying to lick William's eyes and I think he'll just be in William's face too much, real annoying little brother stuff :lol2:.

William takes a while to feel well in himself after an anaesthetic so I'm planning on spending lots of cuddle time with him during the first couple of days and feed him chicken and rice and scrambled egg.

Please think of him tomorrow, and me too. We have an appointment with Kate at 11.50am and then I leave him with her. I know that he'll whine and cry once I've left him, poor boy :'(, but I'm hoping that will encourage Kate to do him early in the afternoon.

Offline Emilyoliver

Re: Please think positive thoughts for William tomorrow
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 09:10:07 AM »
Lots positive thoughts to you and William for tomorrow. Bet you're looking forward to a few special 'just wiliam' days.
Michelle, Emily and Ollie

Offline Pauline T

• Charlie Boy
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2012, 09:10:25 AM »
Sending lots of positive thoughts to William and you for tomorrow. :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Hope it all goes well and he his home quickly to enjoy those well deserved cuddles. :luv: :luv:
Pauline & Charlie xx
A dog can say more with a quick wag of his tail than many people who talk for hours. - Louis Armstrong

Offline coopersmum

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2012, 09:23:55 AM »
Will be thinking of you both tomorrow :) His eyes will feel so much better once he's had the op :)

Offline Toni-UK

• Site Member
  • Booby-Doo
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2012, 09:27:36 AM »
Aw,poor boy,good luck for tomorrow and fingers crossed Kate has him first on her list.

I suspect he will enjoy the uninterrupted one to one time with his mum  :shades:  :luv:
People laugh at me because I'm different, but I laugh at them because they are all the same.

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2012, 09:41:03 AM »
Lots of positive thoughts for you both
Good luck and hope all goes well tomorrow and William will make a quick recovery....I am sure he will just love being spoiled by his mummy for a few days

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline Jessie_Pup

• Donator
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 09:56:46 AM »

Good wishes for William for tomorrow. 

Erica.

Offline HeatherandBenjy

• Site Member
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 09:59:26 AM »
:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Sending positive thoughts by the bucketload from Cumbria for William tomorrow x
Heather, Buddy, Archie, Fizzy, Bruno and Amber!

Offline angie68

• connie
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 10:01:01 AM »
Sending best wishes for William & you for tomorrow & wishing him a speedy recovery with lots of fuss & cuddles  :luv:
Angie x
Angie & Connie

Offline abkb

• Donator
« Reply #9 on: September 02, 2012, 10:08:56 AM »
Lots of positive thoughts from me and Molly x
Karen, owned by Molly B the blue roan show cocker, D.O.B 02/08/2011, and Finley the orange and white show cocker, D.O.B 19/01/2013

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: September 02, 2012, 10:13:00 AM »
Sending lots of positive wishes to William  :luv:
And lots of :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: for you both.
Janet & Poppy

Offline Poppsie

• Donator
  • Mia and Phoebe
« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2012, 10:26:09 AM »
Awww Elaine I know how you feel Hun, Pebbles had this problem with her eyes and it nearly drove her nuts with the irritation  :luv: in the end she had electroyisis to kill off the eyelashes  :'( she had white fur around her eyes after that  :'( but she was a lot better then after a few years she had to have some skin removed from the top of her left eye (a bit like a face lift really  :005: ) as that was causing problems  :luv: :luv: any hoo I'm sending you both much love and healing thoughts for tomorrow  :luv: x x x

poppy 31/12/95-27/4/2009
Pebbles 14/1/97-10/2/2011 
my beautiful girls together again forever x

Offline siam

• Site Member
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2012, 10:30:03 AM »
You're certainly having a busy time with your horse rounding up, long distance 'taxi service' and now worrying about William's GA tomorrow. Hope it all goes well for William and your own chest infection is clearing up.

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2012, 11:15:40 AM »
We'll certainly be thinking of William - and you, tomorrow and hope all goes according to plan.  Lots of positive thoughts your way  :bigarmhug:

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2012, 11:38:18 AM »
I'll be thinking of you and William (and will tell Kate to squeeze in an extra little squidge for William especially from us) :bigarmhug:

I'm really sorry our appointments don't coincide well but hopefully we'll catch up soon  :luv:

I won't tell you not to worry - that's pointless  :lol2:  I know William is in good hands and I'll be wishing that the hours whizz by with great speed for you tomorrow xxx

helen & jarvis x