Author Topic: Dummy  (Read 1171 times)

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Dummy
« on: March 26, 2004, 09:17:57 AM »
Hi all,

Friends of ours are coming down from scotland to stay with us for the weekend, and the problem is the baby's dummy!!

Blue is great with the children and the baby who is now 18months old is forever pulling and tugging on him with no reaction from him at all, but the moment that the baby puts her dummy in her mouth Blue jumps at her face to try and get it from her! :shock:

What could i do to try to stop this? I know that Blue would never intentionally hurt her but I'm worried that in Blues dummy mission he may nip her face whilst trying to get the dummy.                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline PennyB

Dummy
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2004, 11:21:44 AM »
A firm no and then praise him when he responds to your no. I had a problem with my two in that every time they tried to jump on my plate of food every time I sat down to eat—reinforcing the no and waggling my 1st finger usually works with mine. You really just have to keep an eye on him which I know is hard work.                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Dummy
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2004, 02:04:38 PM »
Thankyou Penny, I'll do that :wink:

Your right it is hard work keeping a close eye on him around the baby, Blue is just so quick and crafty!

He leads us to think that he's not interested in the dummy any more and then quick as a flash - he's there again!                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx

Offline PennyB

Dummy
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2004, 02:30:45 PM »
Trouble is cockers being cockers they'll think of something else to do that's equally annoying once you crack that one!                    
Friends of Hailey Park
Four Paws Animal Rescue (South Wales)

Cockers are just hooligans in cute clothing!

Offline bluesmum

• Site Member
Dummy
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2004, 03:03:12 PM »
:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  Never a truer word said!                    
Maria, Blue & Bailey. xx