Author Topic: How To Teach A Reliable Recall  (Read 71307 times)

Offline westergate55

Re: How To Teach A Reliable Recall
« Reply #135 on: August 20, 2019, 06:53:31 PM »
I have done this but just lately my dog has taken to running away in the woods further than I would like she was really good at staying near me and my other dog but not so good now took both to beach at low tide and she recalled ok I wonder if she is getting lost in the woods as I have not had her long and walk different areas some days I will keep her on lead in the woods for a while

Offline Shaun W

« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2021, 04:40:59 PM »
I’m just starting this.
Do I need to hold the collar, or can I just give him the treat when he comes to me?

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2021, 05:06:24 PM »
I’m just starting this.
Do I need to hold the collar, or can I just give him the treat when he comes to me?

I'm doing the training with my new boy. I don't hold the collar - he tends to run back to me and sit for the treat.  :luv: If I want to put his lead on him though, I do get hold of the collar first. Just do what works best for you  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Shaun W

« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2021, 08:09:57 PM »
I’m just starting this.

I'm doing the training with my new boy. I don't hold the collar - he tends to run back to me and sit for the treat.  :luv: If I want to put his lead on him though, I do get hold of the collar first. Just do what works best for you  ;)

Thank you