Author Topic: we are still here (updated with pictures)  (Read 2053 times)

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
we are still here (updated with pictures)
« on: April 15, 2008, 05:44:38 PM »
hello everyone

Just to let you know we are all still here and alive and kicking ( and barking)

I am soooooo busy now with 5 lovely little or maybe not so little (Zac) working cockers. they are all at different levels of training .

So just a little update:

Zac is almost 6 yrs old now and unfortunately doesn't have the best of health he has Endocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency which is controlled with pancreratic enzymes and regular courses of antibiotics. He tends to fluctuate between being really well and then a litte under the weather and his weight goes up and down depending on how he is. Otherwise he is his usual placid happy little self. He has been out on the beating line on
 been out beating once or twice and really enjoys it.

Jess is my next oldest she is 3 1/2. She is a really good hunter and retreiver. She has a good nose but sometimes not very good ears!!!  She can be a bit slow with the stop whistle and I really need to work with her on that.  we still keep having a little whistle training to keep her interested.

Floss will be 3 in a couple of months, she is really a very steady, obedient dog and responds very well to all commands. A good retreiver and will hunt. However she is a timid girl and not too keen on the guns we are working with her to get her used to different sounds and bangs.

Scout is almost 2 years old now she is a very strong willed little girl and needs firm handling so she has been handed over to my OH for her training. She is doing well with most things but needs a lot of work on her recall as she can also be a bit selective with her hearing!!!

Ciara
Our youngest at a year old is the easiest dog in the world to train she is also trained by my OH who is much better at it than I am. I hasten to addand she is just a dream. Already she is doing every thing that is asked of her , stops to the whistle both at heel and distance. Is steady to the starting pistol. Beginning to hunt well and has a good pattern. She is a tiny little thing a proper little 'pocket rocket'.

We are really enjoying getting out with them.
Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver

Offline Nicola

• FTCh Caoimhe
Re: we are still here
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2008, 05:49:17 PM »
Hiya Nic, good to know you're still about  ;)
Nicola, Tilly, Rodaidh and Caoimhe x

http://www.flickr.com/photos/30049807@N08/

Offline Annette

• Site Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2008, 06:02:16 PM »
Hi, nice to see you again.

Offline Rhona W

• Site Member
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2008, 11:22:20 PM »
Hiya Nic! Fancy seeing you here!  :D

Cazzie

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2008, 11:44:41 PM »
Nice to see you again, glad your all doing so well  :shades: Need some piccies if you have time  ;)

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2008, 08:02:34 AM »
Hi Nic, nice to see you back  :D
helen & jarvis x

Offline emms

• Site Member
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 03:53:33 PM »
Definately need some pics to go with the update  ;)

Offline flozac

• Inactive
  • I must be even madder!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 10, 2008, 08:32:46 PM »
Another 2 months later and here are some pics to go with the update.
there a a couple on there of 2 of my dauhghters dogs too. Floss is Dora and Oscars mum and Jess is Orla's. My kids share my passion for doggies. The one that owns Dora has just got a little JRT pup called Mo she is cute too.

Nicola,Zac,Jess,Floss,Scout,Ciara and baby Reiver