Author Topic: pepper the devil dog  (Read 5601 times)

Offline *jean*

• Donator
  • who need s pills when you have pals ?
pepper the devil dog
« on: April 28, 2009, 08:11:55 PM »
am VERY unhappy? displeased / disappointed in Pepper
pepper is 11 and an a half.
to those not in the know she is half working cocker half springer.
Ive been very busy all week lambing . and ok she hasnt had daily marathons but she has been on the hill day in day out. today I went to work on an early at 7am. no probs. picked her up when I finished work and went to sheep separated lambs etc la la la had tea then on way home she shot off.... after a nuclear powered rabbit.
she took liath and rolo with her...
they went into empty neighbour's fields full of rabbits and gave chase.
I went ballistic whistle nearly lost its peep the blasts I gave. lee and rolo straight back ( working cocker's) the springer effin mix cocker totally ignored whistle she carried on into next crofts fields,. hens ducks and all sorts. I jumped in car to go and get her. she was back before I left the croft. I really really am peed off at her. ok shes a hunter la la la . shes now on a long line forever If I'm worried about her. she would never look at sheep but I cannot afford to have her ignore me and rabbit in a sheep field.
now all I have to say is .. my working cockers are a doddle... A DODDLE to pepper. I had to have a lubricant as Id dash near lost my vocal cords.
you have no idea how wild I was at her tonight!! all I could hear was my OH going on In an inneffectual way ... oh I hope she hasnt got into XX XXXXXXs hens or hogs ( last years lambs no none near.. thank g !)
oh i so wanted to shoot her myself, yet at the same time was so afraid for her. and where were the working cockers??..,. by my side.
pleas e let me never ever hear again of how unruly workers are. I will send them the 11 and a half year old and let them see what life in the working gundog world is really about. Basically, training never ever stops and just because they do it perfectly for 5 days in a row does not guarantee day 6.

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
Re: pepper the devil dog
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 08:15:29 PM »
So sorry to hear Pepper was a little  >:D for you.
It is so frustrating and scary when they do something like that.
I hope she makes up for it by being an  :angel: tomorrow. Have a glass of vino to chill out  :-*

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 08:17:20 PM »
I hope she makes up for it by being an  :angel: tomorrow. Have a glass of vino to chill out  :-*
I cant.. im having an exam from 9 am til 1 pm and =should be studying not dog obsessing!

Offline EmmaA

• Site Member
  • Eric
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 08:18:28 PM »
I cant.. im having an exam from 9 am til 1 pm and =should be studying not dog obsessing!

She must have known about the exam and thought you needed just a little bit more stress to deal with  >:D
Good luck with the exam, what is it for?

Offline *jean*

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2009, 08:22:33 PM »

She must have known about the exam and thought you needed just a little bit more stress to deal with  >:D
Good luck with the exam, what is it for?
diabetes (In humans)

Offline Sarah.H

• Site Member
  • charlie
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2009, 09:56:51 PM »
I can totally empathise with you. When Millie does a bunk I spend half the time worried sick and the other half wanting to get her back just so I can wring her neck  ph34r :005:. And now you've totally dashed my hopes that she'll calm down by the time she's about 10 years old  >:(.

Good luck with the exam  :-*.

Millie

Offline Joules

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2009, 10:04:19 PM »
Oh dear Jean - I am sorry that little minx has stressed you out  ::)  You are soooo right, the training never ever stops and they will always do something to keep you on your toes/at the end of your tether.  >:( Coco is my first ever dog and I was convinced that before she was one, I would have a well-trained, calm, obedient dog that I could take anywhere and who I could trust never to let me down  :luv:  How flippin' deluded was I?? - well I have had a very rude awakening  >:(  She will be 4 this year and still embarrasses me on a daily basis - I may just get a t-shirt printed with "I am so sorry about my dog's appalling behaviour"  ::)

Hope you have calmed down a bit and your exam goes well tomorrow  ;)  Stiff drink tomorrow night I think  ;)
Julie and Watson

Offline Mrs K

• Molly Ma Loon
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2009, 10:06:16 PM »
Aww Jean, i can so sympathise, Molly frequently lulls me into a false sense of security and bogs off just when I am feeling confident  >:( Good luck with the exam and try to enjoy the next 5 'good dog' days  ;)
The reason dogs have so many friends is because they wag their tails instead of their tongues.

Offline Helen

• helen noakes jewellery
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2009, 07:54:35 AM »
oh doG Jean, I would be beside myself - norty girl  >:D (but amazing at her age nevertheless  :luv: :luv:)

If it's any consolation when Nic was here I didn't take my whistle out on a walk, and Mr Usually-not-too-bad took off very embarrassingly after a fezzie  ph34r

GOOD LUCK FOR YOUR EXAM  :luv:

Actually Joules is on to a winner there - we should market some t-shirts for cocker owners with 'I'm really sorry' on the front and on the back a list of things we could possibly be sorry for...

I'm sorry that my dog...

1.  Took off and pretended to lose all sense of hearing and forgot every bit of training he/she's had
2.  jumped up on you and left muddy paw prints on your nice clean clothes
3.  joined in on your families picnic without a formal invitation

please all add - we could probably get to 50 without trying too hard  ph34r :luv:
helen & jarvis x

Offline debsallen

• Limited Member
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2009, 08:01:55 AM »
- I may just get a t-shirt printed with "I am so sorry about my dog's appalling behaviour"  ::)

I Print t-shirts for a living, I could always run one of them off for you  :005:

Offline Hurtwood Dogs

• Donator
  • Little Lionheart
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2009, 08:20:22 AM »
Aw Jean HUGE hugs... I lost count of the number of times that happened to me with my Weim when I first re-homed her.. I got to the point I just wanted to run away from her  ph34r but she was 2.5 and fortunately is a lot steadier now (apart from when she wants to eat other dogs ::)) I'm impressed with Pepper's tenacity at her age though :o

Really hope your exam went ok and you get to chill out tonight  :-* :-*

Hannah x

Hannah, Dave & Normy xx

Trev 2001-07 soul dog, always in my heart and dreams x

Offline SkyeSue

• Inactive
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2009, 08:53:38 AM »
Aww Jean, I can totally understand your frustration, norty pepper, she seems to think she's still a teenager  ;)
Hope the exam goes well (and the lambing isn't too stressful  ;))
Am loving the t-shirt idea  :005:

Sue and Chloe, happy girls on the Isle of Skye

Offline LizH

« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2009, 10:17:14 AM »
Actually Joules is on to a winner there - we should market some t-shirts for cocker owners with 'I'm really sorry' on the front and on the back a list of things we could possibly be sorry for...

I'm sorry that my dog...

1.  Took off and pretended to lose all sense of hearing and forgot every bit of training he/she's had
2.  jumped up on you and left muddy paw prints on your nice clean clothes
3.  joined in on your families picnic without a formal invitation

please all add - we could probably get to 50 without trying too hard  ph34r :luv:

4.  stole the sock from your shoe while you were drying your feet
5.  deliberately tangled my lead with yours whilst saying hello to your dog
Liz and Pebble x

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2009, 11:25:49 AM »
2 and 3 definitely apply to William, as does -

6. shredded the important letter that you sent to me.
7. jumped into your car when you left the door open

Offline eljaybee1956

• Site Member
  • Dad's busy...Can I take your message?
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2009, 12:38:19 PM »
I am sorry that my dog......
8. just rearranged your makeup and mascara with his tongue.
9. attempted to inter-breed with your leg.
"Cockers are LOVE on four paws, & LOVE comes in many colours" - Carol Lee DAWSON (Breeder)