Author Topic: Weight dramas!  (Read 10900 times)

Offline Leo0106

Re: Weight dramas!
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 07:00:42 PM »
Haha oh thankyou both, I'm so glad you both agree with me and I'm not just being naive! I do everything I can to ensure he is fit and healthy so did worry to be told he was too big!!
I do think, like it's been said, vets often go on a generic breed weight... I've always been told he would be big

Offline bizzylizzy

• Donator
  • 🙂 Jayne
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 07:16:43 PM »
Just seen this - Leo's a beautiful boy, I can't see where the socalled surplus weight is supposed to be sitting, he's got a lovely slender figure!!!

Offline ips

« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2017, 07:17:55 PM »
Nothing wrong with him, looks in great shape to me. 👍

Your vet is going off a weight scale instead of looking at the dog.
Muddling along in the hope that one day it all makes sense.

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2017, 07:22:09 PM »
Thanks guy, I did wonder where he could be carrying too much. I guess at some angles his rib cage looks a little plump but whenever I handle him I can feel nothing more than skin and ribs. He does feel as though he has big muscles on his hind legs so I can only assume he's carrying a decent amount of muscle.. . Which I can't complain about !! Thanks for the reassurance again

Offline Leo0106

« Reply #34 on: October 08, 2017, 08:10:42 PM »
Popped into pets at home today which is where his vets is so thought I'll get him weighed... just to see.. He's gone from 15.6kg to 15kg... I'm totally blaming it on the fact he was groomed last weekend and lost all his puppy hair  :lol2: ... would be so interesting to see what the vets would say if I asked them to judge his weight by his looks instead of his weight.