Author Topic: Shadow lump update TEST RESULTS 6/3/12  (Read 13666 times)

Offline GailyK81

• Donator
  • My Beautiful boy Shadow
Shadow lump update TEST RESULTS 6/3/12
« on: February 22, 2013, 08:36:40 PM »
Hi all just an update after having a second opinion and further vet look at shadow unfortunately they decided amputation of his leg is the best option and he will be having this done next Thursday we are feeling really sad and hope this is the right decision.
Thank you all for your help and support xxxxx love gail and shadow

Offline ejp

• Donator
Re: Shadow lump update
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2013, 08:42:26 PM »
I am really sorry that things have not improved for Shadow  :bigarmhug:  I can understand why you feel so sad about the op.   :bigarmhug: Dogs do cope very well, but I would feel the same in your situation.

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 08:44:39 PM »
Oh I'm so sorry. I'm sure it must have come as a shock to you, even though the possibility had been mentioned previously, as it's not the news you were hoping for. Thinking of you tonight and I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts for Shadow on Thursday  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

I've known a few dogs who have had an amputation and I've always been amazed at how well they adapt. I sometimes come across a very lively 3 legged Jack Russell on my walks and he dashes about with ease. I really hope that Shadow makes a successful recovery like the little Jack has.

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 10:18:10 PM »
I am so sorry this is happening to Shadow and can understand how sad you must be feeling for him.   Will be thinking of you and Shadow on Thursday and am sure that once Shadow has recovered from his operation he will be fine.  I have seen dogs running around and only realised that they have only have 3 legs when they get close to me.  

Thinking of you.  

Offline Pop-Star

• Donator
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 10:20:11 PM »
 So sorry to hear about Shadow :luv: Will be thinking of you both, especially on Thursday :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:
Janet & Poppy

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 10:26:55 PM »
So sorry to hear this news, hope the surgery goes well and that Shadow adapts to having three legs. I too have seen dogs managing really well after an amputation , but as others have said it must be really hard for you. Sending lots of  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline lynmumtosam

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 10:27:18 PM »
 :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: To both you and Shadow xxx

Offline GailyK81

• Donator
  • My Beautiful boy Shadow
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 10:52:44 PM »
Thank you all I will keep you updated on Thursday :( xxxxx

Offline LilahLoo

« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2013, 11:11:37 PM »
Hi Gail, I  can totally empathise with how you're feeling right now. Delilah had her front right leg amputated almost a year ago. They thought she had bone cancer.

Please try not to worry about the procedure (I know that's easier said than done!) But if Shadow is anything like Delilah you will be in awe of how quickly they adapt to life on 3 legs.

She went in for her operation on a Monday and I took her home on the Wednesday - the nurse walked her out to me, not quite the invalid I was expecting to take home with me. The wound is a bit of a shock at first but once it starts to knit and the hair grows you soon get used to it.

All the best for next week.

Natalie & Delilah
Natalie

Offline LinziS

• Erin
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2013, 11:21:37 PM »
So sorry that shadow is needing this operation....I can only imagine how you must be feeling.
My thoughts are with you and will be sending all positive vibes to shadow and hope he has a quick recovery x

My dogs are heartbeats at my feet

Offline pipkoi

• Donator
  • Butch-my First Cocker Spaniel 18.02.67 - 28.06.75
    • Dylan's Blog
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2013, 11:58:05 PM »
Positive vibes & cocker squishes to you both for Thursday & Shadows recovery :bigarmhug:
Pip, Dylan, Charlie, Teagan & Kai
Remembering Butch, Brin, Simba, Toby, Jasper, Jarvis, Jake,  Bayley, Sailor & Foxy - my forever bridge babies

"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

Offline coopersmum

« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2013, 04:44:01 AM »
So sorry that Shadow has to lose his leg but as many have said, they do amazingly well on 3. The beautiful thing about dogs is that they never ask "why me?" they just get on with enjoying their lives to the fullest. Will be thinking of you and Shadow on Thursday. Hugs to him from Coop and I.

Offline Ruby Tuesday

• My little Jem
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2013, 08:20:17 AM »
This must be a traumatic time for you. I hope Shadow will surprise you with a quick recovery. X
Julie, Ruby and Jem. And never forgetting our first precious dog, Cassie x

Offline angie68

• connie
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2013, 08:24:49 AM »
So sorry to hear Shadows news  :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:Good luck & healing thoughts are on their wy for you oth for Thursday & the following weeks. 
Angie x
Angie & Connie

Offline 8 Hairy Feet

• Donator
« Reply #14 on: February 23, 2013, 01:13:25 PM »
oh you must be so worried
we send you lots of love
all@hairy feetxxx