Author Topic: Frankie DAY 29 UPDATE ON FRANKIE  (Read 22080 times)

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
I would be calling. I think you are right to push the issue if you are worried. Hope all is ok x
Sheryl, Holly, Kali, Baby Lyla and Angel Chloe

Offline Saffaroo

• Donator
  • both my girls safely at the bridge xx
I would certainly be on pins - I really hope he's feeling better soon :-\ x

Dillon the Cavvie
Saffy dog 22.5.2000 - 4.12.2012
Shelley boo 25.3.2005 - 19.7.2011

Offline fenby

• Donator
  • Harvey
I hope Frankie is soon feeling better  :bigarmhug:

Offline deano

• Site Member
no change in him at all,  have just called the vet again and said I am really worried as he had the injections at 10.40 so there should be some movement by now, I don't want to get to a point late tonight and call emergency vet then make do with someone who doesn't have a clue.  She will talk to the vet then call me back so hopefully he will see him again before they close

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
I think you are right. There should be some sort of difference between when you picked him up and now. Hope all goes ok at the vets xx

Offline deano

• Site Member
That's what I think, I would just feel safer with the good vet seeing him before they close, if its the injections they gave him no problem but while he is so out of it I don't know if whatever he has is getting worse underneath that.  SO typical OH not home till at least 8 and its absolutely pouring down here and if I have to take him back hes going to be hard to get out of that little corner and lift out to the car, still that's the least of my worries at the moment, the main things is getting the right person to check him .

Offline Sheryl

• Donator
Well whatever the problem (if there is one) you are on the case and being proactive  :blink:

Offline butterflywings21

• Tilly 10/02/2013~Jenson 09/01/2019
just read the thread, how's he doing??? i do hope he has improved.  :bigarmhug:

Offline coopersmum

Poor boy :( Really hope he's perked up and feeling a bit better. I would also be very concerned if I were you and I think the vet needs to see him to allay your fears and make sure he's okay. Whatever they gave him should be wearing off a little in terms of sedation by now. Fingers crossed he's right as rain by morning.

Offline deano

• Site Member
 :blink: Frankie a little brighter today and moving about more than he has since Thursday. He ate some cooked chicken for his diner last night and had quite a big drink of water. I took him to be with me and he slept much the same in one spot, moving slightly but whimpering during his sleep, he did have a drink of water during the night which was good so at least drinking more. This morning and during the day he is walking from room to room and has eaten cooked chicken but his bottom , tummy and ears still warm although not hot like they have been.  I called the vet this morning and explained the latest update and she said that he sounds like he is making some improvement, he will still have some discomfort and if we are worried about him during the day or throughout the night call the emergency number otherwise he will see the normal vet on Monday. 
My worries now are what caused it, if it was the food then what am i going to feed him as there's a possibility the dry food may have caused allergies.  is it the amount of steroids he has been having since xmas that has caused some kind of pancreatitis and how we will deal with that as the vet was going to keep him on those one every other day till the end of summer to try and clear up the nose and skin allergy.  I don't obviously want to give him the raw food again incase there's high fat content and it makes him worse. I really need to get to the bottom of things before we decide the next move

will update monday once we have seen the vet again.   thanks for all the messages :blink:

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
Sorry to hear Frankie is ill, and am glad he is feeling slightly better :luv:. Brodie was on steroids when she developed pancreatitis, and I was told by one vet that in some dogs steroids do trigger it. Not sure if it was a factor in Brodie's case, I think it was more the pork sausages someone gave her ;). Here's a link to the Natural Instinct Special Diet, I think if I was to feed Brodie raw this would be what I'd give her:

http://www.naturalinstinct.com/products/Special-Diet.html

There is also some excellent low fat wet foods if the raw diet doesn't suit him.

x In memory of Barney x

Offline ejp

• Donator
Glad there is some improvement, thanks for updating.  Hope Frankie improves over the weekend  :bigarmhug:

Offline deano

• Site Member
 :blink: thanks for the link jennybee really helpful  :blink:
if anyone has any ideas why Louis keeps following Frankie and trying to smell him underneath or licking round his face I would really appreciate it, we have had the three of them together for a long time and never had any problems, this started when Frankie became ill on Thursday but has become much worse yesterday and especially today. Louis wont let him rest at all, is following him everywhere all the time looking and acting stressed and panting.  Am wondering if frnakie is giving off some kind of smell underneath from being ill. Its been a really stressful day today with us having to keep telling Louis No constantly and watching everytime Frankie moves to a different place to get comfortable

Offline JennyBee

• Princess Brodie
:blink: thanks for the link jennybee really helpful  :blink:
if anyone has any ideas why Louis keeps following Frankie and trying to smell him underneath or licking round his face I would really appreciate it, we have had the three of them together for a long time and never had any problems, this started when Frankie became ill on Thursday but has become much worse yesterday and especially today. Louis wont let him rest at all, is following him everywhere all the time looking and acting stressed and panting.  Am wondering if frnakie is giving off some kind of smell underneath from being ill. Its been a really stressful day today with us having to keep telling Louis No constantly and watching everytime Frankie moves to a different place to get comfortable

That's what I'm wondering - and if Frankie is cleaning himself (lovely animals that they are!) then it would also explain why Louis is licking his face too :P. I can only imagine how stressful it all is, hopefully Louis will stop as Frankie gets better :luv:

x In memory of Barney x

Offline deano

• Site Member
Frankie worse this morning, he had gone to bed with me as he has since Thursday night but he hadn't looked well during the evening, he spent most of the night in his bed but very lethargic, sad and depressed looking and still warm on his belly and bottom area. I didn't sleep worrying about him but he badly moved all night and when he did he was making a whimpering noise so. Knew the pain was still there. This morning he made no attempt to get up when I did and when I called him to follow me he had trouble stand and was walking hunched up. I immediately rang not our vet but one that is a 24 hospital and explained what's been happening and asked could. Bring him down, they said the would call our vet surgery and get all his notes and to bring him immediately.  We were taken straight in and saw a brilliant vet who went through everything and what had happened at our vets on Friday etc. she examined him and got him To try and stand and walk and said they must admit him to do blood tests and scans, she didn't want to worry us but was concerned there s something more serious.  He has no pain relief since Friday and the injection he had she agreed was a strong per med which our own bets gave him but that would have worn off in 24 hours and with no one seeing him until Monday he would be getting worse.   His temperature when she took it was exactly the same as Friday morning.  It's vet has everything on site and she told s that all vets in the area send animals there for diagnostic tests.    Although both really upset we agreed to leave him there for the day to have the blood tests done to see what the showed and then they would do scans to get a better idea.
The vet called us 2 hours ago to say that the bloods have showed that he is anaemic that there is a slight problem with one kidney on the test result but that could be from not drinking a vast amount since Thursday morning but more worrying there is a problems with his red and white blood cells.  She was throwing so many  figures of the levels in the tests the have done I couldn't take it all in but they were then waiting to do scans on Frankie to see what the are dealing with.  We are still waiting to hear, it's possible he will have to stay in there overnight for further tests tomorrow so we are beside ourselves with worry at the moment and on tenterhooks every time the phone goes.  I am praying its not leukaemia as that is something she referred to on the phone and willing it to be something that's treatable and not life threatening, he has such a rough time when his owners left him in Spain and what he dealt with at the refuge and he still has mental scars from those times which affect him still.  He is just so precious to us and am so upset that no one has picked up on any of this before eve his weight loss, he was always over 15 and Friday was 13.7.   We won't know anymore till they call again before close today but will update as soon as I know anything.