Author Topic: Wondering what is causing my girl to be off colour?  (Read 384 times)

Offline Ebony

• Site Member
  • Our darling girl who left us on 28.2.2016
Wondering what is causing my girl to be off colour?
« on: November 05, 2013, 05:27:38 PM »
My lovely black girl is always pleased to go for a walk - it could be ten minutes or ten miles - she trots along beside us and is generally fine.  However, she has had a bout of Pancreatitis - not as bad as a previous one - and was only sick once and certainly didn't go off her food - but she never does.  When the vet diagnosed this he also said he felt she had arthritis in her spine.  At the weekend we took her on a really short walk - 15 minutes - and ended up having to carry her home - after about 10 minutes her tail went down and she slowed right down and then she just sat - it broke our hearts - since then we have only walked her over the road to a small pasture so that she can have a poo (she won't do it in our garden), and as soon as she's done what she needs to she just sits down and wants to come home?  Perhaps I'm being over-sensitive but any comments would be appreciated - maybe she's just cold - she's ten years old.  Thank you. 

Offline elaine.e

• Sweet William
Re: Wondering what is causing my girl to be off colour?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2013, 06:33:51 PM »
As she's so reluctant to walk, and that's so uncharacteristic, I would be taking her to the vet if she were mine as it sounds to me like she's hurting somewhere. I don't think it would just be that she's feeling cold.

I hope you find out what the cause is very soon and that Ebony will be feeling better soon too :D

Offline Archie bean

• Donator
  • Archie. RIP bridge babies Sherwood and Dickon.
    • Emma Graham Harpist
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2013, 06:34:24 PM »
I dont think you are being iver sensitive at all. I think we instinctiveky know when something isnt right even if we cant oinpoint what exactly. I would take her to the vets for some more checks just in case she is in pain. I dont want to worry you but my Mum's old boy Jay started to do this and it turned out that he was suffering from tumours to various organs which must have been causing discomfort. Maybe her spine is bothering her more than the vet thought?

Offline Ebony

• Site Member
  • Our darling girl who left us on 28.2.2016
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2013, 06:57:41 PM »
Thank you so much - I took her to the vet yesterday and she's put her on some new medication which starts tomorrow so I think I'll wait to see if there's any change over the next couple of days.  She's also due to go for some hydrotherapy on Friday (she has that for a cruciate problem) and see if that helps - it's so worrying - I hate to think of her in any pain - she's such a sweet girl. x