Author Topic: Help with teeth  (Read 1827 times)

Offline rubyduby

Help with teeth
« on: March 11, 2019, 03:53:27 PM »
My 9 yr old girl has grubby caniones which I want to clean, she had 17 teeth out not that long ago, and I don't want it happening again, she is mouth sensitive due to a long standing lip fold issue, which was eventually resolved by surgery...I tried the rubber thumb with past..no use, cant do toothbrush, and worried about anything in her water as she suffers pancreatitis so don't want anything that could cause an issue...doesn't leave a lot but if anyone has tried smeting, even unconventional successfully would love to know!!

Offline pam1

• Donator
Re: Help with teeth
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2019, 04:47:31 PM »
I use TartarX on my two and it really removes the plaque. It's completely natural so should be ok, just sprinkle it on their food daily.
Pam, Oliver and Bertie

Offline lescef

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2019, 04:53:15 PM »
I have always cleaned Maddie's teeth but to no avail,  so she is going in for a clean, and possible extractions, in two weeks time. So I am interested in anything that might work  ;)
She's eight so vet thought it was better to do it now rather than when she's a couple of years older and might not cope with the anesthetic as well. Not sure if I'm doing the right thing!
Lesley, Maddie and Bramble

Offline Dimples

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 10:19:48 AM »
I have just taken Robbie to the Vets and he pointed a fair amount of plaque build up. Was quite surprised actually. Especially on one side. He eats dry food so always assumed it wouldn't be an issue. He has suggested cleaning teeth twice a day then go in for a scale. Reading this thread worried me as didn't consider teeth extraction.  Vet pointed out that brushing twice a day softens the plaque and makes it break down and fall off. So going to be firm with this routine now.  Interested in any pointers!
Denise - lucky mum of gorgeous (and cheeky) Robbie xx

Now 9 years old

Offline Darwin

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 11:11:07 PM »
This is a case of don’t try this at home.  On two different occasions Darwin’s vet has descaled his teeth using a 50pence. It must help that Darwin is a totally softy once he’s on the vets table but according to our vet a 50pence is the perfect tool to descale a cocker’s teeth.   

Offline MIN

• GEMMA
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2019, 08:19:57 PM »
i use Arm & Hammer Dental Spray. gemma loves the minty taste . just lift the lips and spray on
Run free and fly high my beautiful Gemma
2011 - 2023 

----

Offline Dimples

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2019, 10:01:34 AM »
This is a case of don’t try this at home.  On two different occasions Darwin’s vet has descaled his teeth using a 50pence. It must help that Darwin is a totally softy once he’s on the vets table but according to our vet a 50pence is the perfect tool to descale a cocker’s teeth.

ha ha I love that idea but wont try it!!!
Denise - lucky mum of gorgeous (and cheeky) Robbie xx

Now 9 years old