Author Topic: Help with Lip Fold Dermatitis  (Read 5112 times)

Offline tenaille

Re: Help with Lip Fold Dermatitis
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2019, 04:21:18 PM »
When we had this problem it kept coming back despite different antisceptics and antibiotics. The vet eventually recommended Manuka Honey in conjunction with any treatment, which worked well for us using hospital human grade antibiotics to clear the infection before lip fold surgery, then after the surgery until the stitches were gone. A complete success with no further occurrence.
Its been 3 years now since we lost him to unrelated problems, missed every day, only just had the heart to look in on here again.

Offline ludo

• Site Member
  • Enya
    • Shirepark Cockers
« Reply #16 on: April 29, 2019, 06:52:15 PM »
Hi I recommend Douxo pyo pads for this problem.   One clean a day and any dirt lingrring in the lip fold is easily removed.  I have bathed with dilute hibiscrub on a cotton wool pad and it looked clean.  Then tried one of these and the amount of dirt it removed quickly and easily was quite a surprise!  Antiseptic and antibacterial.  They aren’t overly expensive either.  I have used them alongside antibiotics for a lip fold infection and now use them as general maintenance.   ;)
http:www.shireparkcockers.co.uk

Offline IonaD

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2019, 07:48:32 PM »
Thank you for the new info!!

I’m currently using chlorexyderm wipes/spray on a daily basis plus apple cider vinegar in her food. All seems to be under control for now.x

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2019, 01:49:49 PM »
Thank you for the new info!!

I’m currently using chlorexyderm wipes/spray on a daily basis plus apple cider vinegar in her food. All seems to be under control for now.x

Might also be worth sprinkling some Thornit powder onto some cotton wool and dabbing it on after drying following the antiseptic spray x It will keep the area dry

Offline Jaysmumagain

• Donator
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2019, 02:44:59 PM »
There is a gel with chlorexyderm in called Dentisept  https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/dentisept

Works in a slightly different way as it adherse to areas.

Cocker kisses and cuddles just make my day!

You are always with me darlings Jaypup and my precious Oliver you are so missed

Offline IonaD

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 03:33:54 PM »
There is a gel with chlorexyderm in called Dentisept  https://www.petdrugsonline.co.uk/dentisept

So I googled Thornit powder and it comes up as Thornit ear powder. Is this the same thing? If I am way off the mark could you possibly point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance!!x

Offline Patp

• Donator
  • Jinley
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2019, 04:45:20 PM »

So I googled Thornit powder and it comes up as Thornit ear powder. Is this the same thing? If I am way off the mark could you possibly point me in the right direction?

Thank you in advance!!x

Yes thats the one - useful to keep ear problems at bay too!

Offline rubyduby

« Reply #22 on: May 02, 2019, 03:46:21 PM »
I have had two Cockers with the lip issue, both had surgery which was totally successful, and because their lips were so sore before they didn't even notice the dfference and didn't need their 'collar' healed quickly and without a probem

Offline Neil

« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2019, 11:52:27 AM »
I have had two Cockers with the lip issue, both had surgery which was totally successful, and because their lips were so sore before they didn't even notice the dfference and didn't need their 'collar' healed quickly and without a probem
That matches my recent experience with Bobby.