Author Topic: Kidney failure  (Read 3662 times)

Offline rubyduby

Re: Kidney failure
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2019, 09:19:41 AM »
This is so sad, I too lost my lovely girl Ruby last year to the same illness she was 8, we fought for two years and spent a great deal of money on vets , tests etc,. I shed many tears ….I changed vets 8 times in that period as none seemed capable of understanding or any knowledge of the illness, although very common. I have her sister still who is 9 and suffers from Hypothyroidism, but fortunately although once again not diagnosed by the vets , I was fortunate to find facebook sites for both these illnesses and the knowledge from the people on the sites kept Ruby alive longer than she would have done, and again with Topaz, THEY diagnosed and recommend the correct treatment etc....My heart goes out to yu as I know EXACTLY how you feel, Topaz missed her sister for a while and became quiet and morose, now a year later despite all I said and thought we have a 4 month old girl called Amber, a gold sable lunatic, who is lightening the atmosphere, and above all lift Topaz, who has been brilliant with her.....However the paranoia of illness remains and everything she does I watch and watch....so the whole sorry episodes do not leave you and of course I miss my lovely loving Ruby, that will remain for ever!

Offline chriswilliams

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2019, 07:29:54 PM »
I just wanted to add that I had never heard of checking for COI, I have checked Lily’s and it came out as double the average at 26%, my other cocker Poppy who was Lilys great aunt comes out as average. Sophie who we lost to kidneys as well at 9yrs was also above average. All my girls came from the same breeder, so I was wondering whether there was a point that the KC set as not acceptable, I am not looking to blame just wanted to make sure it didnt happen again.

Offline theshrew

« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2019, 11:24:14 PM »
Sorry to hear you have gone through the same as I did in November, it’s absolutely gutting.

Big man hugs 🤗

Offline its.sme

• Not trained to the Gun, just trained to my Mum x
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2019, 08:05:52 AM »
I just wanted to add that I had never heard of checking for COI, I have checked Lily’s and it came out as double the average at 26%, my other cocker Poppy who was Lilys great aunt comes out as average. Sophie who we lost to kidneys as well at 9yrs was also above average. All my girls came from the same breeder, so I was wondering whether there was a point that the KC set as not acceptable, I am not looking to blame just wanted to make sure it didnt happen again.

When I was looking for a pup I spoke to many breaders, they said that you can have the healthiest parents and still have a sickly pup, genetics are a complicated thing and it's not always down to DNA.
I'm so sorry you had to say goodbye so early.

Run free little one.

:bigarmhug: :bigarmhug: :bigarmhug:

Offline Countrygirl

• Donator
    • Countrygirl
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2019, 11:29:24 PM »
I am so sorry, my heart goes out to you.

Offline IonaD

« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2019, 07:47:35 AM »
I am so sorry for you all. Run free Lily...